1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest in....Keep Battier or trade to upgrade pg position?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FR0497, Jul 29, 2008.

1. rocketanalyist

Do us all a favor and makes posts that are accurate...to the best of your ability.

1st....the response I gave in the thread are responses to people who responded "ABOUT ME" or my signature as well, after I wrote something about the topic. So it's fair game to respond.

2nd...your post is "ABOUT YOU" and your problems having to scroll through to find supposed stuff about "the subject matter", which you just violated by making this post "ABOUT YOUR CONCERNS/PROBLEMS".

Do yourself and me a favor and follow your own advice first.

Thanks in advance. :eek:

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I heard that we traded for Ron Artest. Should we keep Battier or trade him for a new starting point guard?

3. rocketanalyist

Is that your comment about the topic? I have many in the thread dealing with the subject matter if you care to read them and comment on them.

4. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

is "analyist" even a word??

5. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Doubt it...that would mean artest would have to guard the opposing point guard.

6. rocketanalyist

maybe you can help me to find what page in the dictionary I can find "balla" in? :confused:

or are you just a wanna be asian baller? i.e. ganster, hustler, player, pimp? :eek:

You trying to go urban on us? :rolleyes:

7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

battier for hinrich

8. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

thanks for answering the Q, rook

9. Red1

Red1 Member

I think we should keep Shane Battier..... He definetly well be a contender for 6th man of the year... Also a conteder for 1st or 2nd team all defense.. With Ron Ron we have two of the top five defemders in the NBA in my opinion...
    All heart in your face keep him..........................

`

10. rocketanalyist

Youre welcome member. I see you have been very active with your 195 posts since 2003. Keep up the good work man!

11. Red1

Red1 Member

I think we should keep Shane Battier..... He definetly well be a contender for 6th man of the year... Also a contender for 1st or 2nd team all defense.. With Ron Ron we have two of the top five defenders in the NBA in my opinion...
    All heart in your face keep him..........................

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Look up the word "sarcasm."

13. rocketanalyist

DONE

Sarcasm:
    :D

14. CoolHandLee

CoolHandLee Member

rocketanalyist should not be allowed to be taken seriously. I mean, he's giving more minutes to Steve Francis than to Shane Battier. I mean, seriously?

15. CoolHandLee

CoolHandLee Member

Staying on topic this time, we should keep Battier. Kobe's proved that he can take over games at any given time. Giving him different looks from Artest and Battier should keep him out of rhythm. And by chance we make it to the NBA Finals Paul Pierce and Ray Allen would have their hands full from both having Artest and Battier hounding them. Our PG play may not be top notched, but the Lakers and Celtics proved that it doesn't always have to be (Fisher and Rondo/House).

16. Miguel45

Miguel45 Member

Trade Battier for Chris paul

17. FR0497

FR0497 Member

While we're at it, let's trade Head for Kobe and Hayes for Dwight Howard :rolleyes:

18. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Do you think we can do that? That would be so awesome.We would definitly get out of the first round.

19. FR0497

FR0497 Member

No doubt, LA would love them some Head and Hayes would bring some Magical hustle to Orlando ;)

20. rocketanalyist

Maybe you should try to read some of my posts on the subject to understand my logic, and give counter arguments for my reasons if you disagree with them, instead of just making random statements to not take what I am saying seriously.

But just to help you out with some of my logic, Steve will play behind Rafer Alston, who although improved his play last year, should not be playing more than 32 minutes a game on this championship team...if that much. Aaron Brooks is not ready to be a back up lead PG on a championship team, imho. Therefore, unless we trade for another PG, the likelihood is that Steve is gonna get those other 16 minutes at PG that Alston doesn't get. If Tmac or Barry are getting any minutes at the Point, it is most likely in a situational circumstance, and not in a regular rotation.

On the other hand, Battier is playing behind two of the best wing players in the game in Tmac and Artest. They will most likely command around 35 mpg at both wing spots, leaving only about 26 minutes a game at those positions. Barry will command some of that time because he is a much better 3 point shooter than Shane is, although Shane is a much better defender than he is...therefore they will most likely receive similar minutes in backing up Tmac and Artest.

You are free to disagree with my assessments, but unless you have a crystal ball or have talked directly to Rick Adelman to know that he will not manage the games like this, then any assumption that you make otherwise, is just like mine....AN ASSUMPTION.