1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets deal forward Novak to Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Aug 5, 2008.

1. kwng

kwng Member

This is quite a sad new. I would expect someone else to be traded. Though Novak is not strong defensively, he is capable of making clutch shots as he showed it against Sactown. I was hoping if there is a trade involving Novak, it would be to an Eastern conference team as we'll be meeting the Clippers many times in a season. Anyhow, I wish him all the best and hope he could develop into a good player or a starter. Novak reminded me of Nachbar who was liked by many.

2. abigwreck

abigwreck Member

On the bright side, we got as much for Novak as the Nuggest did for Camby :D

3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Well, another former Rocket to the Clips. You will be missed, Novak....even though you sucked (sorry YoYo). :p

4. theeast

theeast Member

no D is not the real problem, the real problem is he can ONLY shoot while he is open. so byebye Novak.

5. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

ahh too bad, Novak was a great pure shooter and would always come in and knock down a 3 whenever we needed a basket, also no garbage time blowout would be complete without him knocking down a 3. If he could just have gotten his defense together he could have very well been a rotation player. I'm always gonna remember that game winning shot as well that saved the streak, so good luck to Steve down the road...

6. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Best wishes to Novak. I liked him. :(

7. rocketsmetalspd

Goodluck in LA LA land Novak. At least I got to see you play live at the Dodge Arena playing for the Vipers. :)

8. throwedyung14

throwedyung14 Contributing Member

steve increased the happiness level of my life for the all star break after "The Shot" against the Kings (which i saw in person)... for that i am forever grateful.

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

dont feel sorry for novak, he should have put on some muscle protein bars, shakes after work outs, plus worked on his lateral movement he was too slow to be a three and too weak to bang with the fours. So is it easier to get bigger or faster? Novak did neither.

at least luther head got some guns after his rookie year. dude does have some biceps! :rolleyes:

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

He saw the handwriting on the wall, not going to summer league. Glad he got picked up by the Clips and not cut. Novak was really a nice guy always very open with the fans.

12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

"He is the best shooter I ever been around in my career"
    - tracy Mcgrady on Steve Novak

Matt Bullard is in tears he really spoke high about Mr. Novak

13. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

literally some of yall are freaking stupid - ya he had a full year to figure out how to play d - doesnt mean u gotta talk chit about a guy who obviously did try - and just didn't cut it

i love steve, the man can just shoot blindfolded, and is a good bench player for last resorts

I hope he gets mins in la and shows em that he can play

once again lay off the haterade

14. ucsd

ucsd Rookie

Nocak = Camby :)

15. Albert Einstain

i have to say back for novak to your words.maybe novak is not as capable as brent barry,no way is novak a garbage.man ,novak used to be the best 3pt shooter in ncaa.even thuogh that's a bad trade for the rockets , i think that's good for novak because he will get more time on court.

however,that's not good for the rockets team,the clipper's sencond rounder will not be as high as morey considers.you know,the clippers have landed camby,ricky davis,and baron davis .although they have lost brand and margette,however,i don't think their power has a bit decreased.corey and elton have long been suffring from bad injuries,because of their injuries they had made little contribution to the clipers in recent years.while,they got two davises and one camby and several role rosters like novak this summer.kaman is incresing,so is thorton.after the moves they will form a lineup like this

C camby
    PF kaman
    SF thorton
    SG ricky davis
    PG baron davis

with cat ,novak and this year's lottery rookie eric gorden on bench,the clippers will be a a different team form that they were last season.

16. killer instinct

I remember when everyone crapped on Nachbar and said unflattering things about him and then........ Good for Steve.....atleast he stays in the NBA and makes more money than any of us here......rag all you want, he is still richer and Boki he is a richer man for getting out of houston as well....good for them.

17. RoxPro

RoxPro New Member

NO NO NO .Too bad.

Good luck NoNo___vak.

Thank you.

18. Th3 Drunk Goat

Well there goes the season. Morey should be fired!!!!!! :mad: lol :rolleyes:

Seriously guys, if he didnt hit that shot against the kings during the winning streak would this deal get nearly as much attention? Novak was way too much of a liability on defense and 1 dimensional on offense to keep him around i think.

19. TASty SKY

TASty SKY Member

it is really bad news . I like novak. though he may never become a 20+ player,but he obviously be scornful.I regard that we'd better transaction him with someone ,and so we can got a bench C . we really need one. :(