1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Posting in Chinese in the GARM

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Marsarinian, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I don't know if it's just me or something, but there's been this surge of Chinese posts in various threads. Granted, you have the right to express your ideas in your preferred language, but I think there's a need to clarify some things.

First of all, this thread is by no means an attack on Chinese fans on this board, and as I am Chinese myself and am typing this message in my room in Shanghai, it is not in any way racially discriminating.

This is an English forum. Only be expressing through a common language will you be able to communicate with others, to tranfer your ideas and opinions. If you post in other languages, well, Americans won't understand it and Chinese users will ignore it.

I believe that with the ethnic diversity on this forum, everybody is welcomed to join in the discussions. Nobody's going to put pressure on you just because you're international and didn't speak perfectly a language that isn't your mother tongue. (If they curse you, use foul language, or show contempt because you're Asian, go ahead and report them.) I'm sure for those Chinese fans that'd rather write Chinese, reading all these intelligent English material is great exercise for your second language, and of course you are encouraged to try speaking out, in English.

Just think of it in this way: you meet a westerner on the street, of course you say hello to him. In turn, when somebody talks to a person in China, they say Nihao. This is Houston, Texas, America on the web. You meet people, you speak to them in English.

I hope this thread can help people clear up things and stop all the worthless quarrels just for the language used. Thanks.

2. qian.gj

qian.gj Member

good post!
    p.s. are you a mm? ;) ;)

3. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

well said and agreed!

4. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

also wanted to add, this why i get really annoyed of having to see english along with espanol on almost everything these past few years. i'm not trying to be discriminating by any means but holy crap...learn some english people!

5. WNBA

WNBA Member

no matter how you spin it, in the end, Americans only need to speak in English here or in China, while Chinese have to carefully choose what language to speak here or in China.

I see no problem in Chinese posting but I do believe 99.9% of the posts here in Chinese are spam.

6. JD2010

JD2010 Member

Your English is very good :)

7. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Really? I haven't noticed that.

8. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

chinese is posted are people who is smart think and articulated thoughts with wiseness maximum

^sarcasm

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Shouldn't you have posted that in Chinese?

11. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

You know, you have a point. :p

12. yaorta

yaorta Member

agreed, language is always not bad, but attitude towards it is another side of a coin

13. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

Hate to break it to you, but as a person that could read Chinese, I'm 100% sure that you're incorrect in your statement above.

14. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

Are you sure about that? :p

15. JustWannaChill

ROFL, this post is so funny and very true too.

16. vincentyip

vincentyip Member

how dare u say these, we do not care, but in this forum, we have rights to show our opinion not only one language, also please reminded that language is just a tool to express the mind of human being. as for me, i believe there are a lot America now here also interested in Chinese, i'm not meant to learn more Chinese, just let the ROX fan allover the world know how they love the teams, the players, the games.

17. rfila

rfila Member

If you agree with OP, you should not use foreign language in this short reply. You know, "mm" is Chinese, not English.

It brought up a question on the original post. This is an internet forum, not an B&M salon, for the Houston Rockets. While the offcial language is English, it's really not a big deal ocassionally some foreign language(Chinese or not) is used. Beileive me, in a forum like this one with big number of members with diversified backgroud, English can never be the only language being used.

No one is trying to make it a Chinese site. Relax.

18. TracyRonYao-TRY

TracyRonYao-TRY New Member

I am sorry my English is so poor...
    But i just like this team and the players here...
    Posting in English or Chinese?Has nothing to do with you :D

19. YaoTheMan

YaoTheMan Contributing Member

i see people having no problem with English posts on Chinese sites. if you don't understand it, don't read it. Plus, i have not seen Clutch and the crew having a problem with it. it's not like chinese posts are flooding the site, then what's the big deal?

on New Jersey Net's board, they actually have a sticky thread dedicated to Yi Fans from China, IN CHINESE. It makes Chinese fans like myself feel very welcome.

we are not asking for any special treatment. but specifically banning Chinese posts is unncessary IMHO.

20. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

porque nao ten mais gente escrevendo en portuguese aqui?

ten Brasilieros poraqui?

:p