1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. rockets08_09

rockets08_09 Member

I've been a rockets fan since 90. ain't hopin on no bandwagon. check how long i've been a member i just didn't sign up yesterday.

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

Can someone start a new link for a Photoshop contest?

I want to see what people come up with in putting Yao, McGrady, Artest, Francis, Battier, etc. together for next season promo picks.

Evidently I am not allowed to start a thread yet.

I would love to see a picture that had the players standing like this:

........................................Yao..... Mutombo
    ................................Scola.....................Landry
    ........................Hayes.....................................Dorsey
    ................Artest......................................................Battier
    ........McGrady...................................................................Barry
    Francis.....................................................................................Alston
    ..........................Brooks...........Novak............Head

3. bewy

bewy Member

How thoughtful of you, putting the only white guy in the middleXD
    Don't mean to sound racist or anything

4. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

Brent Barry is the lightest skinned black man I have ever seen... he must be Albino or whatever they call that.

5. intersync

intersync Member

and scola falls into the category white too, right? white's a shade

6. Cocainecowboy

Cocainecowboy Member

ALL I CAN SAY IS I AM ELATED.....ARTEST ON THE ROCKETS..WOW

ARTEST IS A BEAST........any questions?

HOUSTON ROCKETS WORLD CHAMPIONS 08-09

7. Rokman

Rokman Member

If you notice, the "pyramid" is based on height and position which in this case go hand in hand. Novak is taller and plays the 3 versus the 1 and 2 which is why he is in the middle. And yes, to point out the fact that he was white does sound racist. It should have been obvious why he was there.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm beginning to appreciate having Ron more than before.

Tracy is so injury prone.Ron is a ball hog who commits turnovers when he is out of control but he becomes a legitimate 2nd option if/when Tracy is out of the game. There is only so much at an improving Luis and Landry can do. Rafer,Battier,and Barry all have valuable roles but they are not scorers. Ron will prevent us from going into those horrible droughts which have hurt us so much over the years. Greene could not have been able to that,even if he exceeded all expectations.

Our defense obviously will get better too. Ron can play with discipline although it's hard for him to do so.If he does do that,we will become a contender provided if everyone is healthy throughout the year.

9. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

i understand Yao's concerns, let's hope and pray that artest keeps his head straight to the trophy, it was worth the rish, we didn't really give up anything..i'm suprise SAC didn't ask for scola in return, so we basically got him for dirt cheap

10. Cocainecowboy

Cocainecowboy Member

Does this look like a guy trying to upgrade his image?...I THINK THE ANSWER IS YES!!
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0rdYaMMVawc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0rdYaMMVawc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Now That the Rockets are speaking our language and have provided our team with the much neeed third option, I now ask what is next? Does Morey the Wizard have another card or two to play ? Or is he now down to signing Carl Landry to a contract? Possibly the Back up Center position might need to be filled, since I hear the Mutombo won't accept the Rocket's offer.
    Does anyone think that since we went up to full contender status that we might still now attract more talented players, just like Boston did after the big three were assembled? Or is every fan satisfied with the team as it is now? :p

12. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

thanks!

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We do need improvements but we don't have the trading assets to pull anything out IMO. Signing Deke is very important but looking for a cheap,efficient alternative is important as well. Signing Landry to a small contract would be nice.(I hope he is healthy enough to last for an entire season)

Ideally, I would like to see a better PG than Rafer but that's impossible for now.

We will have to look for a athletic backup Center that can defend and score for around 18-20 minutes after the end of the 2009 season because of the risk of Yao's foot injuries IMO. I worry about a Big Z like situation.

#1333 saleem, Aug 2, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  14. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

Barry isnt caucasian?

15. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Brent Barry has hops though.

;)

16. china2008world

Michael Jordan 是最强的,Kobe是SB

17. china2008world

乔丹不仅是最伟大的篮球运动员,他也是世界上最伟大的运动员

18. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

OK. I know I am way too late. But, Morey is a GENIUS :eek:

19. YugoRocketsFan

Totally! I agree with you.

20. mathja1

mathja1 Contributing Member

I talked to Ron a few times when I was at college at St. John's. When I hear him articulate in that PTI interview, he sounds like a much more mature man. I really think he has grown up a bit and he does understand that image is important.
    He does mention losing endorsement money, which isn't the best reason to become a positive person in you community. But the bottom line is he has been much different since the brawl. And he does seem to really want to clean up the image. I think he'll be fine.
    As a St. John's fan and a fan of the Rockets, I loved getting the news that Ron was joining the team.