1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2008 Rookie Photo Shoot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by weslinder, Aug 1, 2008.

1. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

No, he'd be considered a Wangster I believe.

2. abita

abita Member

ben wallace?

3. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

Can't help but feel sorry for Greene... homeboy's been traded twice before even playing a single NBA game. That's gotta do something to his self-esteem and confidence. At least he'll get a chance to shine in Sac-town rather than be NBDL star or benchwarmer...

4. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

The only guy that is truly gangster on that line up is JR Smith.

Stephon Marbury is just a street baller
    Paul Pierce is just a good black basketball player that like's to date white girls
    Rasheed is just a mad black man that thinks the world is against him
    Kendrick Perkins is just a big scary looking black man that's not really intimadating if you knew him as a person.

Too say that they are gangster is very untrue and a reaction due to not really understanding how blacks are as individuals and what is being represented. So many blacks are divided like in any other race. What one black represents is totally different then what another represents. Somebody just might like fashion or having a certain look/appearance but in reality the black guy may be a nerdy geek or family man or a conservative.

5. ktvoss

Ok I see where you are going I understand everything is cleared up I was just trying to get an understanding on what people are thinking when it comes to black people and gangsters. Because I know too many black guys and most of them are not as they appear to be.

6. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

How do you know too many black guys?, Whats your black guy quota? Is it a lifetime thing or does it startover everymonth...is it like rollover black minutes?

7. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

In all honesty, I live in The Woodlands, where there is about 4 black people give or take? Plus, I'm a young guy, so I'm not going to act like I know what a "gangster" is or that I know much about the black culture. But, I'll agree it's a shame that people like myself may only go off of simply what they see/hear in movies, music, and the media.

8. ktvoss

It's Something because i talk to some black people and they tell me that other races may approach them and say something associated to hood life as a approach to say hi and they are like What... and even confused on the phrases themself. If you have that self confidence and you are secure with your character nobody can really disrespect you to the point where it really affects you to the heart... you'll just just get pretty ticked and probably say a few bad words and move on with your life.

9. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Check this page out.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...hoto-Shoot-Director-s-direction?urn=nba,97377