1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What were you doing when....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phi slam jam, Jul 30, 2008.

1. luisantonio1014

On the john when all of a sudden I got a text that said "Artest to Rockets Holy S***!"

2. JayLau910

JayLau910 Member

i thought i'd do the 6 things too ...

1. Drexler - too young to remember
    2. Barkley - we traded horry and cassell?!? forgot who else was involved ...
    3. Francis - we traded so many guys for some rookie!? hmm ... (a lil while later), wow, guy's got talent.
    4. Winning first pick for Yao - watched francis win that for us and thinking "yay a chinese player named Yao is going to be #1 pick ... that'll be interesting ..."
    5. Tmac - watching espnews and thinking "nooooooooo not francis and cat!" i remember being a hater of tmac ... till i saw that 2004-2005 season. still missed francis but tmac was worth it ... esp. since we have francis again.
    6. Artest - playin pickup ball/on the way there, got home and 2 aim messages that read "ARTEST!".

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Haha now that was hilarious. Sounds like something from a movie or TV show. :D

4. csux

csux Rookie

She doesn't know what she's talking about. I think we made a bigger splash than Katrina! :D

5. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

1/2: Drinking baby formula.
    3: Don't know, probably watching NickToons
    4: I was watching it when it happened.
    5: Playing basketball when my dad called me inside to see the news, he knew that he was my favorite player.
    6: Playing Halo 3.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Tmac trade:

I was in Pakistan and hadn't been near the internet in over a month. I get to my friend's house and check the internets. Email first? No. Gotta check the bbs. HOLY SH_TOS! WE JUST GOT ONE OF THE TOP 3 PLAYERS IN THE NBA!!!!

7. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Here is my Artest one!

I just finished playing basketball for 2 hours and I am at Subway ready to eat with a bunch of friends (most of whom are Laker fans!). I check my phone and its a text message from another Laker friend. I open it and it reads: ARTEST SON!

Nothing else. I turn to my Laker friends and say: "****! The Lakers got Ron Artest!"

The quickly reach for their phones in disbelief checking online and calling people to see what the trade was.

I call my friend who texted me and ask him who the Lakers traded and he goes: "Your first round pick from this year and next and Bobby Jackson!"

Having difficulty hearing him, it took me a couple of seconds to realize that the Rockets just became contenders! :D :D :D

What a night!!!!!

8. dafranchise0309

driving home from work at popeyes when i saw a text from my bro i was flippin chicken everywhere :D :D

9. mycmyc2003

mycmyc2003 Member

1 forget
    2 forget
    3 forget
    4 forget
    5 sleeping
    6 while Reading the post "AI for Battier and Alston"

10. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Was eating at BW3 when I got a text...got on clutchfans immediately to validate... :cool:

11. YugoRocketsFan

My friend came over, and I was showing him the AI rumors.

Turns out the Rockets got Artest, then we got 2 beers and went to hoop.

12. fishpixie

fishpixie Member

today i was having my breakfast(in ShangHai), and turned on my PC,
    opened www.hoopchina.com, thinking "another boring day with no great
    news of Rockets"......
    Then i dropped my break... almost broke my glass.

13. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

My story exactly, except we were watching Black in America (DVR for the win). I jumped up with my hands in the air and almost knocked her lamp over.

14. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

What the hell is BW3?

15. DreamRoxCoogFan

Buffalo Wild Wings... I dont get the W3 part, but thats what its referred to as.

16. phi slam jam

phi slam jam Member

Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck was the original name hence BW3.

Weck is some kaiser roll you serve beef on which they dont do anymore.

Thanks wikipedia.

I was always wondering that too, finally looked it up.

17. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Eating mashed potatoes at the kitchen table, checked realgm, then ran down the hallway screaming "oh **** wheres my phone wheres my phone!!!", I had bragging to do.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

1. Drexler--I was actually told about this from a friend of mine later that day because he was friends with Tracy Murray's family (who is from my hometown) and Tracy was part of the deal and I remember I was ridiculously excited. I got home and kept telling my dad over and over...to point where he sent me to my room without dinner and told me to stay in there before he busts out the belts and hangers.

2.Barkley--Heard it on the radio out here in LA which was fate I guess. At the time I never listen to sports radio when I was a kid but I was with my mom (whos favorite player is "Charlie Barkley" as she puts it) in the car and I yelled out OH MY GOD YES!!!!! my mom was like what happened (she wasnt listening but driving) I told her the rockets got "Charlie Barkley" and she oh your basketball team I thought it was important I told her it was

3.Francis (1st time) I was excited but didnt know too much about Francis I just knew the rockets were starting to age and just got a highly sought after young guard to help Dream and Chuck
    (2nd time) at work saw the BBS I started to get teary eyed I walked out of my office with my hands up in the air saying aloud: OH HELLS YES!! my co-workers just asked, "what did the rockets win or do something?"

4.Winning the Lottery-I was actually at a religious event when the lottery happened I checked clutchfans as soon as I got home and saw we had the number one pick I was overjoyed again! I looked at possible players and realized that the draft wasnt too good but I was hoping the Rockets would take a chance on Yao over "jay"son williams. My friend (lakers fan) with me said congrats but yao would be a bust.

5. At home for the summer and saw first "completed" news from the bbs (though strong rumors were floating for some time) I was like man T-mac! that is amazing. I went to go play ball right afterwards and told all my friends there, they didnt believe me so afterwards we went back to one of their places and watch sportscenter where they announced it and all my friends pretty much all said the same thing at the same time 'f--k! no way' I was grinning from ear to ear

6. busy day at work couldnt check the bbs late in the day was driving home txting Dave2000 when he txted me back "damn dude we got artest!!!!" I couldnt believe it I started worry who we gave up and hoped it wasnt shane and checked the bbs right away with my phone. Dave txted back the details I was floored. I honked my horn a few times to celebrate (I was on a empty residential area) I started texting a bunch of my laker friends and some rockets friends and slowly my phone went on blast. Rockets fan wondering for what and how and lakers friends cussing me out.

great thread btw

19. chuichuitrain

chuichuitrain Member

LOLLL

20. Omer

Omer Member

I was working out at the gym when I got a text from my friend.

Thought he was BS'ing me at first, but then I confirmed it and was on such a natural high that I started benching 380. :D

(Haha, all of it is true except for the 380 part)