1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors Keep Biedrins. 6yrs/$63MM

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by A_3PO, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

S Jack has been a more efficient shooter than Baron Davis since he has been there. More efficient than JRich (traded away) and more efficient than TMac too.

I hold firm to my believe the Warriors will be above 500 and be the 8th or 9th place in the West. This team will be much better defensively and in rebounding than previous teams. If they come anywhere near their offensive production of previous teams, they will be better.

2. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

But he's not worth $60mil+

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am surprised that it is taking so long after the rule change and GMs still haven't figured out big stiffs aren't as valuable as skilled perimeter players.

That said, Biedrins is not bad and probably worth the contract, maybe a little less.

4. Tornadoofsoul6

Yao and Dwight got the max salary for the number of years they were in the NBA..

5. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Local Bay Area radio has it at 6 years at 54 million, but could reach 63 million if incentives are met. So its not too bad considering the going rate for big men.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I disagree about Jax and Harrington. Both can help good teams get a lot better. I've said it a few times about Harrington that his skill,size,atheleticism, versitility and contract expiration should appeal to the rox,suns,mavs,cavs. Those borderline contenders would benefit from either. The rox would really benefit from either and they have the contracts to make it happen. Jackson is the gritty, hard nosed 6'8 wing that can guard, shoot, and create his own shot. He's a big shot taker and maker, has played in a structured offense under pop and carlisle. He's a clutch player, a little crazy, good free throw shooter. He makes Battier depth, which is what he should be. Contract ends in the lbj sweeps summer, he makes 8m which is jax,head, and a 2nd.
    Harrington is a 6'9 250 3/4. He can post, take people off the dribble, decent 3pt shooter, avg ft shooter, can defend the 3/4. Low maintenance player. He put Shane on the bench, but he can backup scola which gives you great flexibility when you play against the mobile, atheletic 4's. Eliminates the need for Landry and the 3rd scorer. He makes 9m, so that's jax,francis,head and a 2nd.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The point isn't to say you bring back 'equal talent' - I'm thinking that a team looking to get in on the "2010 sweepstakes" might like to dump a $15million contract for those 2 guys (who happen to expire just in time).

No GM is going to make that trade right now - but when the trade deadline draws close this season - or NEXT season - then you'd be surprised how appealing it might be to ditch the 'big name' who isn't taking you anywhere and re-start.

And I was wrong before: Biedrins is only 21. Definitely worth the paycheck since big men who improve tend to keep improving.
    If he can take his FT% from 31 - 62 then there's certainly some hope that he might develop a 12-15' jumper to go with his voracious rebounding.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Having watched that guy change over the last couple of years leads me to agree with you. This is not Adonal Foyle, Part II. Biedrins has a lot going for him.

9. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

I actually suspect that Beans' numbers are lower than what he's capable of because of the breakneck pace the Warriors play. He was the only rebounder they had so he would have to grab the board and outlet up to the guards to score. With another rebounder in Turiaf (Hendrix, too if he pans out), he should probably get more freebies on the fast break. Also, with this looking like Don Nelson's last year, I'd expect Beans to develop a more well-rounded offensive game, assuming whoever they hire next runs a slower-pace offense