1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Minor trade in the works, Woods requests and is granted release from his contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hooroo, Jul 14, 2008.

1. t-mac rockets

t-mac rockets Member

Head and Hayes and Novak for Monta Ellis :) :) :) :) :) :D ;)

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

except, steve is a $3M ending contract. when packaged with jackson's $6M ending you have a nice offer around the deadline.

since morey has stated that he wants to hold on to endings for a possible move around then, i doubt steve goes anywhere.

3. AXG

AXG Member

I really liked Novak. He was the team's best shooter and a hard worker. I wish him luck whatever he goes.

4. Chamillionaire

i can`t wait til morey brings in someone who will actually contribute. ala 3rd scorer???

5. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

There are only 15 roster spots and currently Rockets have 17 players on.

I think that they will get rid of via trade players like Luther Head, Steve Novak, Chuck Hayes, Bobby Jackson and maybe Steve Francis.
    Also for a roster spot there is a lot of fighting between Green, Harris, Brooks, Dorsey.

Maybe Morey can trade a group of these players for a solid backup center?

6. aristophanes34

Think about what you are saying. You don't like Head? And why this season? Isn't it always good?

I digress. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I like. I wonder what it would take to get a guy like Monta off the gsw's hands. Probably more than anything we have to offer. I bet head, novak, and maybe even hayes will love it in that offensive system. Novak would actually be perfect for them. No defense lots of runnin and gunnin.

8. Landlord Landry

monta ellis: the ten million dollar turnover machine.

9. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

hmmm sounds like a better rafer alston

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Novak will be gunnin but he sure won't be runnin. Hayes could be an athletic defender for them. Head will shoot but like you said it will probably take more than anything we have got to get Monta here.

11. Landlord Landry

monta is going to fetch alot more than what we have to offer. hayes+novak+head does not = $10 million dollars, which is probably what ellis is gonna get from GS, especially now that davis is gone.

besides, monta's assist to turnover ratio is something like 1:5 or 1:6.

not gonna happen.

12. justcallmejoe

justcallmejoe Contributing Member

Rockets called for the Sales Reps to be ready to work overtime this weekend..... not too sure, but could it be something might happen soon?.....

13. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

interesting....this will keep a lot of different scenerious going on in my head. thanks :D i will be dreaming rockets

14. sabesque

sabesque Member

Someone call in and say you want to buy a 6-pack, try to get some info.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was being facetious, there is no way that the Rockets could have acquired Monta not even if they had included Scola or Battier in a potential offer.

Monta has been signed since I posted this reply for 6 years 67 M,which I'm sure you are well aware off.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/entries/2008/07/26/switching_lanes.html

:D

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

18. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

What could we offer for josh smith???
    donte green
    2 first rounders
    battier
    what else???

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

LOL, please don't over look the :D !

If I were to guess about the sales rep thing. It'd be the Rockets expect a rush of sales from Fran covering Yao in the next few days or from watching the Olympics.

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Oh, I know we're not getting him but part of me is a Hawks fan too and they currently have like seven players under contract. If anything does down it has to be a 3/4/5 for 1/2/3 sort of deal.

For some reason the Bobcats were the first team to come to mind for me. Second would be maybe the Warriors since J Smoove is perfect for an uptempo offense.