1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Landry Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LongTimeFan, Jul 24, 2008.

1. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

If I said to a team, make me an offer = I am begging you, make me an offer

2. mycmyc2003

mycmyc2003 Member

the lastest news said Euro team Tau (a spanish team)will give Landry $14 million for 2 years.
    I 'm afraid Landry will leave Houston for more money.

another news said Delonte West have recieved a contract about $10 million for 2years from a team in Euro.

3. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

You got his wrong, it was 25 million for two years.

4. mycmyc2003

mycmyc2003 Member

aha?
    astonished

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tau? It must be revenge sex.

[​IMG]

Honestly, if Carol gets that kind of money from a European club, he should 100% go. It's in the best of his economic interst, at least for the next two years, by far.

6. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

i'm not going to believe this until there is a link

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I want to see a link too,but there is a link to the Delonte West story so it's possible that this story has some legs.

8. SHANK

SHANK Contributing Member

My feelings exactly. I'm not sure whether there is concrete evidence that there is permanent career shortening/limiting knee damage in Carl's knee that was found when he went down late last season, but I bet that there is more there than what we have all been led to believe.

9. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

quoted for its truth. good summary, Brooks.

10. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

If this is true, I gotta wonder if its because the euro teams really did have genuine interest in Carl before Baker's comments, or Baker sparked their interest.

11. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

no way... if it were true he would've taken the deal by now

12. mycmyc2003

mycmyc2003 Member

I admit there is no official news by now.
    maybe it's a fake news

13. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

If there was an offer on the table already for that ammount of money, he would've taken the deal right now. Thats like 2.5 times what he would make here. And probably a larger salary than he would ever get in his carreer. He's a young guy so money wins out. Especially when he has a potential injury to worry about.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Maybe he has a smaller offer than that,like hooroo said in another post.

15. cuddie

cuddie Member

Buddy Baker makes more sense than you.

16. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

Perhaps, but no way its 7 million a year for 2 years.

17. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

This could be a ploy to get the Rox to use part of the MLE, which could get an offer from some team that might pay more than what the Rockets are willing to pay.

If Landry is worried about his knee, he needs to get the best guaranteed contract he can, because this contract might be the last one he ever gets.
    If he takes the qualifying offer and blows out his knee this year, he's lost his big payday, and has to sell insurance for the rest of his life.

The overseas thing is real, though any team over there will also want the medical tests done. The reason for backpedaling on that is simply PR. Talking about going to Europe costs Landry some popularity among Houston fans. That's why somebody in his position always talks about how he really loves the local fans, wants to stay here the rest of his career, etc.

The MLE is more than just how much we CAN spend on FAs. We are close to the LT. If we spend the whole MLE, I think that Les might not let Morey do a trade where we take back more salary than we send out. I.e., a trade might materialize later in the year, maybe near the deadline, that we have to walk away from if our total salary is too high.

A few other things:

1) They can sign Landry, then trade him 12/15. This is as good as a S&T, IMO, if we can make a deal with another team to wait that long.

2) LeBron isn't going to sign here just for money and Yao. We have to have that third star in place, or ready to sign. He can get the money somewhere else. He has to believe he can win a championship here.

3) I don't think Buddy Baker is doing a bad job at all.

4) I don't see what the complaint with Agentzero is all about. I must be missing something.

18. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

News suggests that Tau has offered a 2 year contract worth 14 million to Carl Landry. Buddy Baker seems to have confirmed the offer. This is bad news, as we're not in a position to give anything close to that money.

19. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

That "rumor" is TRASH, believe me.

20. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

You did bold the word "trash", I guess I have to believe you.

I really think this Buddy Baker is annoying as hell. I understand he is trying to do the best for his client, but for some reason when I read his quotes, I picture them in Al Sharpton's voice.