1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wow, Nachbar seeing RED (signs with Russian team)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BlastOff, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Houston22

Houston22 Member

There is no slovenian exchange rate. Slovenia has Euro.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well whatever it is, Boki has hit a gold mine...good for him.

DD

3. The_Nine_Gates

Yep we can't even say what he actually made, just say things like "whatever it is" because of Sam's agenda.

"Nope nope so what if the European sports agency says it was $41 million, so what if the team said it was that much, I know, I KNOW it is wrong because I KNOW".

"I'm raining truth" - SamFisher

4. The_Nine_Gates

Little things like facts don't seem to apply to Fisher's reasoning.

5. DaDakota

The point is that when there are mixed messages, and various news outlets reporting different amounts, there is no official amount.

Unless the team or his agent announces the deal, it is all speculation.

And Nine....why do you care what Sam Fisher thinks?.....no one else here does.

DD

6. Houston22

Houston22 Member

anjski prestop Nachbarja v Moskvo

Ljubljana - Boštjan Nachbar, 28-letni slovenski košarkar, ki je zadnjih šest sezon v ligi NBA igral za Houston, New Orleans in New Jersey, se je odločil, da bo kariero nadaljeval v Evropi.

Po Primožu Brezcu se iz ZDA v Evropo seli še Boštjan Nachbar (v sredini).

Krilni košarkar je namreč podpisal triletno pogodbo z moskovskim Dinamom. Po dveh sezonah lahko "Boki" kljub še veljavni pogodbi klub zapusti, a le, če bo kariero nadaljeval v ligi NBA.

Pogodba Boštjana Nachbarja je, kot je v njegovem imenu sporočil oče Vlado, vredna kar 28 milijonov ameriških dolarjev neto za tri sezone ali zapisano drugače šest milijonov evrov neto na sezono. V ligi NBA bi bila podobna pogodba v bruto znesku vredna približno 41 milijonov dolarjev.

S tem je Boštjan Nachbar brez dvoma postal najbolje plačani košarkar, ki si kruh služi v Evropi.

Nachbar je še drugi slovenski košarkar, ki se iz lige NBA vrača v Evropo. Primož Brezec bo v naslednji sezoni igral v rimski Lottomatici.

here is what it says:
    - for Slovenian press agency this has been reported by Bostjan's father that:
    - contract is worth (nett) 28 million dollar for three years
    - in NBA similar contract would be 41 million dollars without tax

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I have it on very good authority that most merchants in downtown Ljublanja accept rusted steel washers in lieu of Euros and beaver pelts.

8. poprocks

poprocks Member

all those words for those three little lines in English?

9. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Why don't you two start a thread here about the whole issue instead of cluttering up every NBA to FIBA thread that pops up with this crap?

10. poprocks

poprocks Member

clap clap clap clap clap!

11. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Other articles say that figures have been reported from other sources as well.

12. DaDakota

Whatever it is....good for Boki......

DD

13. SamFisher

Nachbar himself said in the new york post that it was equivalent to 10 m us pretax (he's actually wrong on that, very wrong, but I digress).

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/nets/archives/2008/07/comrade_boki.html

- I guess his dad is skimming off the top and exchanging it for foodstuffs and oxen cart wheels.

14. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Hehe. My translations were all about figures.

Article states also that Nachbar became most payed European and states his NBA teams and stats and that he is second Slovenian coming to Europe - after center Primoz Brezec who will play in Lottomatica from Rome next year..

15. The_Nine_Gates

The team announced it was $41 million. In my world that makes it official. That Fisher doesn't like it as far as I am concerned is not going to intimidate me from posting the real number.

"Yao didn't get a $77 million contract, even though the Rockets said he did, nope it was REALLY like $10 million. I KNOW it, they converted the Chinese money all wrong and traded some chop sticks and THAT is the REAL number. I rain truth SamFisher."

How Sam would say it for a black player? "They traded some watermelons and exchanged some gold teeth and BAM I KNOW it I KNOW the REAL number, I rain truth. - SamFisher."

Do you see how incredibly offensive Fisher's posts are? Anything even remotely resembling his posts directed towards a black player here and people would be calling for his head.

Somehow as long as it is only directed by anyone from anywhere on Europe no one seems to be bothered by it. Well put it context and imagine like I said above if he was saying these things about Yao or a black Rockets player, somehow I don't think this would be taken so nonchalantly.

I'm not Greek and I've seen numerous posts that would be offensive and insulting to any Greek, and now he starts on the Slovenes. I;m not Slovene either but really this is ridiculous. There is no place for such xenophobic behavior here, when we have Rockets fans from all over the world. I repeat that all over the world coming here to talk about the Rockets.

16. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Like I said. Media states those American figures are old.

You can insult as much as you want, but that won't change the figures europeans are making..

17. SamFisher

I repeat that everybody is must wang chung tonight.

Which is 3 years, 14.3 million in this case.

18. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

So is this argument really a charade to further certain arguments in the D&D? I avoid that place like the plague but it seems like it.

Anyways, I don't know what there is to hate in this scenario. Nachbar is doing what almost every other NBA player does when they're on the market: get paid. And if you really think Nachbar is below NBA standards then you should be happy he's choosing to leave and clear room for more flyin' Ryan Bowens.

19. DaDakota

Nine....just ignore it........it is when you get so worked up, that it starts to annoy the sane people on the board that you get tossed.

It is almost like you are OCD, and are related to the Tmac is a point forward guy.

Who cares what Sam Fisher says? He is just trying to get you pissed off, make you post something stupid that gets you banned, and honestly....it is working....that last post you made is pretty darned offensive to people.

I like your Euroleague knowledge, but your propensity and thin skin and Sam's ability to get under it, are going to cause a banning, and that would be sad, because no one else here has your Euroleague knowledge.

I have told you this several times, yet you are falling into the same trap.....he is making a nonsensical joke and you get annoyed and put a WAY worse statement out there that is offensive.....

You have got to be smarter than that, and have thicker skin......you beat silliness with more silliness.....not with anger....

And the reason that Sam is not getting banned is that everyone knows that he is clowning around, and trying to get you mad....everyone but you it seems.

SHEESH !!!

DD

#99 DaDakota, Jul 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  20. The_Nine_Gates

That post was me putting in context for you how a European feels reading this crap of Fishers. YEAH that kind of thing is insulting. Well he is doing it non stop towards Europeans. Is there a reason he is allowed to do that? Post after post insulting Europeans is OUT OF LINE.

Just as I gave you an example how out of line it would be if he talked that way about a Chinese or a black in this forum. Why is it not considered offensive when he talks that way about Slovenes and Greeks?

You know us people from Europe have feelings also and we also do not need to be ethnically and racially bashed in a racist way like this Fisher guy keeps doing. It personally is EXTREMELY offensive to me.