1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Miguel, Jul 16, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Maybe Aaron Eckhert signed on for 2 movies as a precaution from WB. They surely haven't thought about the 3rd movie yet, the plot. So they probably just wanted to cover their bases. It doesn't necessarily mean Two Face will definitely be back. And even if he is back it could be some small Scare Crow level row.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jack Nicholson played a better Joker, in my opinion.

I wish I hadn't fed into the hype, because I did not enjoy Dark Knight as much as Batman.

Bale is no Keaton. Ledger is no Nicholson.

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

^^^

I don't think I've ever disagreed with someone more than I disagree with you right now.

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Bale is a better Bruce Wayne. Keaton is and will always be a better Batman.

5. what

what Member

Keaton is the best batman. There is no question. The joker is a different story, but Keaton is the best.

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I guess I can kind of understand preferring Keaton to Bale, though I think Bale is far, far better and understands the character so much better.

But I'm amazed that anyone could even possibly think that Nicholson was a better Joker than Ledger. To me that's like saying Ralph Sampson was a better center than Olajuwon.

7. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I know you know Sampson played PF for the Rockets. But you could be talking about college...in that case, forget I brought it up.

Keeping with the Olajuwon analogy.....I think it's safe to say not many can fault Ledger's performance with what came before him. In fact, he holds his own and then some.

Just like many, esp. on this site, don't fault the Rockets for taking Olajuwon over Jordan in 1984.

8. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I now believe in the Patriot Act. Thanks Batman and Sonar!

9. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I feel as if the Joker wasn't just some kind of criminal that likes to watch things burn. In the movie, you get the feeling that he has something to prove about the people.

So Alfred was definitely wrong.

From the way he talked to two-face about how people act when things go bad, to the way he set up the detonators on the ferry, he wanted the people to be the ones that inflicted chaos upon themselves.

I am convinced that the 2 detonators was a trick, each boat had their OWN detonator, it was all a ploy by the Joker to make punish the selfish. Neither side pressed the button, proving the Joker wrong.

His master plan was to cause so much fear in people that they did all of the dirty work, paranoia.

10. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

My opinion, not based on anything, is that the detonators WERE for the other ship, and he was just trying to prove that they would take each other out, in order to save themselves, proving that everyone has a point where they can be "bought" in a way. Everyone deep down is like him, and all that jazz.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Keaton is [​IMG]

Bale looks like a guy who can beat people up. Keaton looks like a guy who had to get risers in his boots to make him look like a taller batman..

oh wait he did have that to make him look taller!

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I believe you.

Not only are you a 1999er ;) , you name is BATMAN
    I assume you are BATMAN expert!

13. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

The debate about who the better Joker will go one till the end of time. I think Nicholson and Ledger did outstanding jobs. I hope people understand that they were both asked to portray different interpretations of Joker and IMO they both delivered it to a Tee.

I think both are the best at their interpretations. Ledger couldn't have done a Nicholson's Joker better than Nicholson and the same goes the other way around. So it's just a matter preference.

BTW was anyone else glad that Rachel died?? I know I was.. I'm tired of these annoying "goody two shoes" female characters who always comes in during the most intense times and say "no! don't do it!" Frickin annoying man! Just let the man kill. However hopefully now we won't have to worry about stupid girls getting in the way of Batman again, unless it's Catwoman..

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I think they'll always have some type of love interest for the main actor in super hero movies. How else would you be able to drag your g/f or wife to see it?

We need more of Batman kicking the crap out of dogs in the next one imo. :p

15. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

...or Batgirl...

16. UberDork

UberDork Member

He may be a Batman expert, but he's no Joker expert. I'm sorry but Cesar Romero wins hands down.

How can you beat this?
    [​IMG]

Nicholson and Ledger may be Ralph and Hakeem, but Romero is Wilt and Babe Ruth combined.

17. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I agree 100%

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:D I wholeheartedly support your theory, Mr. Dork.

Olajuwon = 2 championships
    Sampson = 0
    ^ not necessarily why Romero is better than Jack or Heath.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Bingo.

Nicholson was asked to play a campy Joker that was more in line with standards of the day. This movie was much darker than the original Batman and instead of a cool villain that was entertaining to the audience, Ledger was asked to play an absolute psycho.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I disagree. Alfred was right because he DID want the world to burn, but he wanted to bring the people into it. Causing chaos, paranoia, hysteria, etc. was his tool to bring down the city. He didn't want money, fame, etc., he wanted everyone to burn, but he didn't want them to be innocent in it all.

I also disagree about the detonators. He was trying hard to turn them all into killers, just like he did Dent.