1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Do You Want The Next Batman Villain To Be?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nice Rollin, Jul 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. TheMountainTop

Well down to earth as possible. The scarecrow only put on his mask while scaring people with some hallucinogen. Its not like he was dressed like a scare crow the whole time.

I just dont see making all the other characters down to earth.

They made the Joker down to earth in the movie. He was just a terrorist with some clothes he got from queer eye for the straight guy.

I didnt mention bringing back ras al ghul. I said the league of shadows without Ras Al Ghul and his daughter leading them.

2. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

a) Nobody wants to see Batman squaring off against faceless masses
    b) This goes against everything The Joker represented in terms of a new kind of villain, not just mobsters dealing in money, drugs, etc. The bar has been set at supervillain, they can't go back to thugs

3. TheMountainTop

You have a good point. I just dont want it to be cheesy.

Terminator 1 was good and then Terminator 2 was awesome. Terminator 3 sucked compared to the first two.

I dont want that to happen to the Batman series.

They could have done a better job on Terminator 3 I think.

Its going to be tuff to top TDK.

Well If they cant top it then I hope they atleast make it good and credit worthy.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It's a shared experience. That's why they clap. People have clapped at the end of movies they enjoy since they were called, "talkies." It's just a reaction to sharing enjoyment of a great film with a community of people.

5. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I went today and like two people clapped at the end. It was awkward.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

At the prescreening we attended on Tuesday people were clapping after every "wow" scene, and we had a moment of silence for Heath Ledger before the movie began, conducted by some dude asking batman trivia questions for prizes.

7. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Was that the one where you could buy the tix online beforehand that someone pointed out here a few days ago?

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Use a spoiler tag anyways genius.

9. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

The Mad Hatter is too busy with his radio show in the mornings on 97.9. He has no time for movies.

10. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

That's what happened in our theater (me and my friends actually started it), then the whole place erupted. It's like people don't want to do it, unless others do it.

11. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

People it isn't about which villain should be next but which actor should given the responsibility of creating their version of the character. Ledger's take on the Joker was absolute genius. Now Nolan has to figure out with his team of writers who can make that kind impact on screen with something similar to Ledger's interpretation.

My personal wish list would be:

Penguin - Phillip Seymour Hoffman, perfect match naturally fits well. I have firm belief that Hoffman could pull off this role with great intensity.

Riddler -Jeremy Irons

12. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

I don't know who it should be but if I had my say, I would make sure to get this guy involved.

[​IMG]

13. conquistador#11

katherine heigl, as harley quinn, attempting to avenge the death of her secret lover; or the tally man played by javier bardem.

14. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

This would be a dream come true. DDL would top the already untouchable Joker.

This guy was plain sick in the TWBB especially in the end when it kills the priest with a freaking bowling pin. "I drank your milkshake!"

15. tomato

tomato Member

Why did you just decide to ruin the ending of There Will Be Blood?

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

He could just be in flashbacks in the third film.

#56 JunkyardDwg, Jul 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  17. UberDork

UberDork Member

Batman should fight the Sinestro Corps in the 3rd movie. Prime, Anti-Monitor, Hank Henshaw... wow ... and Hal, Guy, John, and Kyle should co-star, also. Chris Nolan, make it happen. NOW!

18. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

19. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

For those suggesting they should bring back the joker, that would be a terrible idea. you can't top that. the joker died with heath.

i would love to see johnny depp as the riddler but that goes against the whole "avoiding megastars" strategy they seem to be going with and along the lines of what turned the earlier batmen into a joke. but damn, if theres one guy that could put his own twist on a character like that.

the catwoman would also be totally plausible. as long as they chose someone above a 2 on the 1-10 scale (hint: im still bitter about the maggy thing).

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These are real btw. My beloved X-Men never battled anything this bad...

#60 Ziggy, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2008