1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Free Agent Target List

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Jul 1, 2008.

1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

That's fine. There are other cheaper lunch pail guys out there. Spurs and Celtics signed their guys for half the MLE, Udoka and Posey. Celtics are offering Magette, the full MLE. Celtics will not have any of the MLE left for Posey. We could go after him, if their bid for Magettee succeeds. We could also trade for another lunchpail guy.

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

[Rockets.com]Bargain Hunting

Didn't know if this deserved its own thread, but I couldn't pick which of the trade threads to put it in.

Link

As always nice job Fritz. :)

I choose Posey (he's my fan favorite - though I don't want the Rockets to pay him what his agent probably wants... and apparently neither does Boston)

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I forgot all about Boki. Wouldn't mind having him back for cheap.

4. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

With Jefferson gone...I think he is their starting SF

5. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Jarvis Hayes

6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Boki is cool. Him and Yao are good buds.

Just say NO to Diop.

7. Shay

Shay Member

I would add Stepehen Jackson to that list , IMO just as good as Maggatte and we can get him now that GS is rebuilding.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nothing wrong with bargain hunting.

But if there are home run hitters to be had, at areas of need and in our price range, and we are still looking for guys who make solid contact, we are going to be left holding the bag in the TMac/Yao era.

DD

9. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

Boki! Boki! Boki! Then all we need is to get Cutino Mobley back. Do it Morey--- just kidding.

10. bigdawgtt

bigdawgtt Member

Josh Childress :D

11. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

My understanding is that Morey is trying to collect as much talent as possible to use as trade bait.

12. tone-weezy

tone-weezy Member

thats fantastic but you left out Shane's impact offensively....oh, that doesn't exist

Im trying to figure out exactly when in the Mac/Yao era did the Rockets become the Phoenix Suns. I dont remember us ever being a poor defensive team in desprete need of defenders but I have vivid memories of Houston being a mediocre offensive team who needs all the offensive weapons they can get.

Shane's defense is a luxury not a necessity. The Rockets were a top 5 defensive team when Shane was cominng off the bench for Memphis....but now he's "untradeable" cause our D will go to hell without him???

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Tracy?!?!?! Is it you?

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Only thing we can tell from this is that, besides Barry, there is NOBODY on that List which the Rockets are seriously trying to sign.

We are talking Daryl Morey here, you think they'll allow any actual info on the Rockets website? Brent Barry is already well-known so Jason is allowed to put him in there.

It's all smokescreen!!

15. tone-weezy

tone-weezy Member

:confused:

16. monster

monster Member

i'm just not thrilled with any of the available players. who is really gonna come in and be dynamic? barry brings leadership and a nice shooting stroke (and he'll be the only rocket with a slam-dunk title under his belt). horry/sam.....nah. better left as memories. i know it's "boring", but our best bet may be to get in position to make a big move in the future. no specifics on what that will be...i just don't want to make a move because everyone expects us to. i'd like to at least find a 6'10" or bigger body to put behind Yao.

17. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

We will sign Barry and Landry. Anything else would have to come with trades.

18. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

He can take his lunch pail and get the hell outta houston! We are not looking for choir boys or boy scouts. We are looking for players who can put the damn ball in the basket. Corner campers are not welcomed. Goodbye!

19. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

So we add Barry who is a liability on the defense and Corner campers are not welcomed im confused seriously. No i under stand to what your saying, but why trade a asset when the Spurs are offering MLE money to a border line All-Star? We have Dorsey coming off the bench and we need a big, so what resign Mutombo with Brent Barry money is all im saying. Make the trade for a Barry type player is much easier then making a trade for a border line All-Star.

Let Landry walk because now we will have Dorsey to bruise up the paint.

Keep our defensive assets and add the 3rd scorer, yet Morey didnt make an offer so its quite obvious a trade is in the works.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

What's wrong with Ricky Davis? I mean don't the rox need a atheletic wing that can get to the rim and finish as well as shoot the 3? Maybe its just me.