1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nicolas Batum Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

the question i have is, is he coming to the NBA now or later? i sorta see him as an anorexic rudy gay? without the experience...

i'd like them to bring him over now we could use him, he can play in the d-league. til he gets better.

2. Omer

Omer Member

3. Lancej281

Lancej281 Member

CDR was right there. That is all.

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I told you all Yesterday!! I know talent!! :p :p

5. Driven

Driven Member

Greene is no different than Gerald Green. Same problems. We had Gerald and got rid of him.

This was a good pick.

6. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Give us the rings now, no need to play out next season.

7. JOHNNYN

JOHNNYN Member

i was really hoping for CDR but i guess i can say im satisfied with Batum if he can live up to his potential. if he doesnt succeed in hitting his 3 point shots then ill be really disappointed

8. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I won't feel like he is a Rocket until after MINN makes their two 2nd Rd picks.

#28 GATER, Jun 26, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FY15nr1WmH4&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FY15nr1WmH4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10. BleedsRocketRed

Pick at 25: Nicolas Batum

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/draft/prospects/956;_ylt=AsrlVjAdKMqWWVmEJ7osVc0yNbgF

Strengths: Possesses outstanding tools – size, length and athleticism. His fluidity, explosiveness and high release point allow him to create separation for his pull-up mid-range jumper almost whenever he pleases. The French forward uses a variety of offensive tools, moving off the ball intelligently, finding seams in the defense and making sharp cuts to the hoop, as well as being extremely effective in transition. He shows a good feel for the game and makes excellent post entry passes and dishes while on the drive. Defensively, Batum has a very strong frame and excellent length and could evolve into a lockdown type of player at the NBA level. He still has a great deal of untapped potential.

Weaknesses: More than anything, Batum often receives criticism for both soft play and a lack of aggressiveness. Rather than taking full advantage of his tools, he sometimes seems content blending in as a role player. He also must focus on improving his ball-handling skills, as he currently is limited in what he can do in the half-court. His perimeter shooting isn't quite where it needs to be at this point. NBA executives aren't as high on European players as they once were, and Batum embodies some of the characteristics that have caused others to falter.

Outlook: Batum's physical tools and feel for the game could place him in the late lottery to mid-first round of the draft this season. He will have to compete against similar small forward prospects during the workout process, but teams will like his versatility and all-around upside.

11. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

It would've been intresting to see DeAndre Jordan in a Rockets uniform...raw, but being under the tutelage of Yao and Deke, he could've been molded into something fierce.

But I can't say I'm dissapointed in this pick, Morey addreses several of the Rocket's needs in one swift wave of his wand.

12. dafranchise0309

I was a little skeptical at first because I never head of him but I am going to trust in Morey's decision, the guy looks real athletic and like a great Tmac backup

13. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

I TOLD YOU ALL A MONTH AGO! :D :D

14. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

Disappointed. This guy won't be able to help, if at all, for another 2 to 3 yrs. In other words post T-Mac, maybe Yao!!

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

I kinda wanted CDR, but Batum is intriguing.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Is he gonna play next season

17. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

does he want to play here??

The Rockets totally busted up the Spurs’ plan to hide Nicolas Batum’s physical and get him to fall there. Batum might not be happy to get picked here, but will report to Houston like a good soldier. “We missed by one pick” his camp told us immediately after the Rockets took him. You could see Batum fidgeting in his chair in the five minute span between picks.

18. Pringles

Pringles Member

how do we know if hes not going to pull a tiago spitter on us?

that would suck.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is great! Malik Badiane has someone to hang out with :D

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm going to save DaDakota the trouble and immediately demand that Batum be brought over and be given immediate PT.

Adelman's short bench is RUINING his development

:mad:

Take the chance, it's how you find gems

SHEESH!

DD