1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another reason why u cant trust Mr. Moneyball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leebigez, Jun 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Are you joking?

Francis and Jackson are dead weight. Scola is NOT "young," he's 28.

So let's see... if I'm the Nets, do I want a YOUNG (21-year-old) 7-footer with upside and a former MIP, all-around player? Or do I want a decent 28-year-old PF and 2 dead weight contracts?

Your proposal is absolutely ridiculous. NJ would laugh so hard they'd choke and die.

2. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

Yao, also, was once considered soft. I'm not a big Yi fan, but he's 19, gotta a lot of room to grow. Every other team is holding there johnson any time someone else makes a trade. Not everyone can make every trade. we'll see what happens tonight.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

"Now listen here, Morey, you take that fancy book-learnin' of yers and get the hell away from my basketball team, y'hear? You Ivy League college boys with your big brains ain't got no right to be tryin' to figger out the best die-rection fer my Rockets to go in. So get outta town. NOW! Don't make me send the sheriff after you!"

4. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

another reason why i have the op on my ignore list. :)

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

before trade, 2010 prospective lineup:

Devin Harris
    VC
    Lebron James
    Yi
    Diop

before trade, 2010 prospective lineup:

Devin Harris
    VC
    RJ
    Sean Williams
    Diop

it seems that is their line of reasoning and they will do whatever it takes to get Lebron. They weren't going anywhere with RJ anyways.

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

excuse me it should say after trade

7. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

So yi's still calling himself 19 years old?

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

1st off, the jersey will be a morgue even with Yi. 2nd he let charlie v take his minutes who is just as soft as he is. Jefferson is eveything the rox should be looking for and I bet a call wasn't even made. Scola is solid and definitley much better than creampuff. I'm willing to bet when they make their run for Lebron, Yi won't even be on the roster.

9. Jimes

Jimes Member

Yes, in case anyone missed this point, Jackson's contract ends next year, not 2010 when LBJ's does.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hmm... being a bit selective in our creampuff evaluation, aren't we?

11. leebigez

I'm not a huge fan of scola, but he's better than yi and simmons plus he makes 3m. Francis and Jackson come off the books after this season. Isn't that why the james for jackson trade was made?

12. leebigez

btw, kevin love will be the 4 for jersey before the night is thru. Another indication of yi.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

hey lee...what nationality is yi? I can't seem to remember.

14. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

... Lebron's contract ends at the end of the 2010 season. Francis and Jackson's contract ends next year.... What are you trying to say? The cap won't fit in this scenario.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Value-wise, New Jersey has no reasons to go after players that are on the wrong side of 27. By the time 2010 rolls in, Scola will be 30, his contract will expire and renewing him would cost a fortune for the downside of his career..... or is it pointless to even bother explaining :confused:

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Leebigez, Prince called and he wants me to tell you that Nothing Compares 2 U when it comes to starting pointless threads. Bravo.

16. MacFu

MacFu Member

Wow, 12 people have voted already and they have all given a '1' to this thread. What a unanimous consensus of suckage. :D

17. leebigez

BMoney- I can't lie, the prince reference was funny. I don't know how other teams can rob other teams of talent, but the rox can't. It doesn't matter that Francis and Jackson contracts ends a yr early as long as they end. Scola will be 30, but if u listen to posters, he's going to be a all star. BTW, isn't Yi 24?

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

VSpan for Scola wasn't robbing?

19. RedGlare07

RedGlare07 Member

Frankly, I'm not losing any sleep over not acquiring Richard Jefferson, especially if it involves moving Scola.

20. Panda

Panda Member

The Nets are rebuilding. What you need in rebuilding? Suckage, for more good draft picks, hence trading Jefferson away. Potential, so when you suck you can still grow, like getting high lotto picks. Yi was a No.6 pick. What's not to like about a No.6 pick? Better yet, when you suck and grow you can still make money. Yi fit that bill with all that Asians in New York and New Jersey.

To suck, to grow, to make money. Pretty good money ball if you ask me.