1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's the best center right now?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Evol, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Evol

Evol Member

Who else... GREG OSTERTAG. Who else combines finesse, determination, and athleticism? And let's not forget power and speed. Sometimes I wonder why they don't make him the focal point of the offense. Larry Miller needs to ask the Mormons to pack thier bags and go down to Salt Lake and drown eachother. Damn Mormons. OSTERTAG is god!!!!!:eek:

2. mduke

mduke Member

3. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

4. mfclark

mfclark Member

How about Shaq - end of story.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

6. Ositos

Ositos Member

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

bye bye

8. JAG

JAG Member

I.....

Don't.....

Understand....

9. djteknokid

djteknokid Member

he will be gone before we understand him

10. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Evol was a great album, back when there were albums. It's love spelled backwards, get it ?:rolleyes:

Trying too hard.

Chill on Magic. That's not funny.
    Really. Not.

11. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Shaq may be more dominant, but Zo is a better player... Does Duncan count?

12. haven

haven Member

You know, I once thought that way... but now I've come to dislike this answer. What you mean, I suppose, is that Zo has better skills. He handles the ball better, has a better jump shot, plays smarter defense, etc. Shaq's advantages are "unfair." He's a physical freak of nature. A 300+ pound man who moves like he's 50 pounds lighter. And who can simply dominate any other player through his physical advantages.

So what? That's true of just about everyone in the NBA. Hell, my jump shot is terrific. I can't dribble... but, hell... neither can Shaq. I suppose I'm a better "player" then, since his physical advantages are all that separates me from being a better player than him.

Shaq is the single most valuable player in the NBA. Start any team from the ground-up for a single season, and he's the guy you want. Hence, he's the best.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

not to smart raggin' on the Mormons there junior

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Evol, do you live to piss people off or just make dumbass comments? :rolleyes:

15. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I wouldn't build my team around him. Duncan, Mourning, Kobe, McGrady, Kidd, and Carter are all just as important to their respective teams.

He may be able to dunk on anybody, but he's a liability down the stretch in close games and can't hit anything outside of five feet.... Hmmm... sounds like an extra large version of Kelvin Cato.

16. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Kelvin Cato

17. go lakers

go lakers Member

I think nobody is that important for a team as Shaq is. He is the most dominant player in the league, nobody (and I mean nobody) can stop him, even Cato can't stop him :) . You can stop all the other players in the NBA, but you can't stop Shaq daddy!:mad:

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

if i was to pick a player for just one year i'd have a hard time not picking shaq. probably not the most talented but he's just too dominant.

19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Who the hell gives a crap if Shaq is dominant because of skills or because of size?!?!!?

Bottom line is he is the most dominant player in the game today. I hate the Lakers as much as anyone, but Shaq single handedly would make any team into a title contender. Put him on the Grizzlies and they would be title contenders.