1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who should the Rockets draft?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mzymmm, May 21, 2008.

1. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

edited "good program" not "good problem

2. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

I know when I post I drool all over chamlers. I may be biased. But it's hard for me not to after watching the Kansas-Memphis final. I mean chamlers brought out a perfect storm against Derrick Rose. He's even more deadly from 3's than Brooks. Watching chamlers in those Kansas blues, I thought I was watching Chauncey Billups.

Another PG we might be able to get if we trade up is Westbrook. He's another combo guard, which I don't really like. I question if he can really play PG and run a team. Talent, yes, but is it worth trading up to maybe Portland(13)? I don't know.

But wet dream would be Westbrook/Chamlers/CDR in one draft hehe...

3. rockets_fanatic

Chamlers/Brooks. Starter and back-up for teh future. Then we just gotta try and get rid of Luther Head.

I'm for trying to get a young SG/SF. However if there isn't someone like that who can contribute off the bench for us we may aswell draft him and just sign-up Gerald Green for a season.

4. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

Battier+Jackson for Redd....
    and buy another pick draft CDR

5. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

then MLE for maggette...hehe :D

6. rockets_fanatic

Maggette is the need. Another injury prone scoere.

And getting rid of Battier to get Redd defeats the purpose. It is going to ruin chemistry. Something that took a while to develop last season. The starting five needs to stay together. So we need a scorer that will come off of teh bench.

7. dexkk

dexkk Member

We do have 4 PG going into training camp.
    Alston, Francis, Brooks, and BJax.
    Let's face it, the chance of trading BJax before training camp is highly unlikely.

8. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

You're worried about "chemistry" when the Rockets were dead in the water until Adelman totally got rid of VG's starters and rotations?

9. rockets_fanatic

Oh, so you think chemistry is a non-issue in team sports? You think we could put the 5 best players in the NBA in the one team and they will play like a fluid team unit without a chance to develop chemistry? Good for you!

10. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Contributing Member

I certainly am. Denver is a prime example of how chemistry matters; a highly talented team that can't get on the same page or play defense. Do the Rockets need upgrades? Yes. Do the Rockets also need chemistry? Hell yes.

I think the question you might be asking is, "Should we value chemistry over clear, unequivocal upgrades"? Now that is an open question. I understand that talent is the number one concern for you, but many folks (myself included) are leery of breaking up the obviously good chemistry of the Rockets without a evident upgrade that doesn't poison the waters. Say what you want about Battier (and you have and will), chemistry is a real thing that shouldn't be taken lightly.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

melo and ai are highly talented but their other big names are a combination of overrated and overpaid.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i talked to my boss who had dinner with both robin and brook lopez the other night.

he said that robin has been asked for a workout by a few teams he mentioned houston and toronto as two of them. and will, like most rookies, be attending the workout camp in orlando.

he said right now he keeps being told he will be picked anywhere from 15 to 25.

take it for what its worth though

13. YAO#11

YAO#11 Member

Marreese Speights! :D

14. YAO#11

YAO#11 Member

good idea :eek: