1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Eastern Conference Finals] Boston Celtics vs. Detroit Pistons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ndnguy85, May 18, 2008.

?

Who will win?

1. Celtics in 4

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  2. Celtics in 5

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  3. Celtics in 6

10 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Celtics in 7

42 vote(s)
    29.0%
  5. Pistons in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Pistons in 5

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  7. Pistons in 6

60 vote(s)
    41.4%
  8. Pistons in 7

26 vote(s)
    17.9%
  1. ibm

ibm Member

seriously, who is this sticky, err, i mean stuckey boy? can we have him by giving them luther head?

2. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Pistons in 5. Celtics won't win another game.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

my anger toward the Celtics and Doc Rivers grows every game.
    Its gonna reach Utah level if I see Eddie House and Rondo play point for another game.

I mean if Sam knew this crap would happen, I'm sure we could have picked him over waivers and benched Luther Head.

No way Sam would suck in Rick Adelman's offense.

4. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

I don't particularly like KG's screaming, jersey yanking, and chest pounding. I feel like his antics and have cascaded through Boston and turned them, especially role players and bench into a bunch of thugs.

On a side note, KG jump shoots a bit too much. But I'll admit, he hits them at an impressive clip.

5. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I thought that until this season. It seems like this season he just acts like the league owes him a championship or something. And you can be emotional without being a d*ck. The chest pounding and throat slashing motion when it took you a 7th game at home to beat an 8 seed lost any respect I had left for the guy.

6. ibm

ibm Member

ha, more people are awakening on kg the punk.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

whats funny is that he is always so prominently featured in those league of clutch commericials.

irony

8. ricky812

ricky812 Member

I can see why some of you are annoyed at KGs antics, it annoys me at times too, but trust me you'd rather have a guy like that than someone like tmac who is on the opposite end of the spectrum who shows no passion. I vividly recall him smiling and laughing on the bench aftering losing game 7 to detroit back in orlando when his team was up 3 to 1 and pretty much every other series he lost back then. I'm not saying all players should be emotional, but if you're not you have win playoff games to show that you care. Smiling and crap really makes you question if a player has the desire and cares about winning.

9. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

There are some punks in the league, but KG doesn't seem to be one of them. In his interviews he seems humble, gives the opponents credit where it's due. During the game, he's passionate. You can't really hate him for his showmanship during something that is ultimately a game.

Is anyone really offended by the throat slashing gesture? It's just symbolism and he's just saying "we win". It's a battle out there. That's what we want to see.

If Yao says "just try and f'in stop me", that may piss off Clipper fans and maybe even the Clippers, but I'm sure the players are mature enough to not take it seriously. Or it'll give the opponent motivation. Either way, there's a place in the game for this kind of behavior. If we say there's not then we're kind of kidding ourselves.

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Some people just cant pass up an opportunity to T-Mac bash...

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you ever listened to his interviews after the game or off the court?
    You can't be much classier in my opinion, He has no problem giving props to each and every player he plays against.........

12. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

And most politicians say the right things too. Doesnt mean they are like that off camera.

Look, he may be a good guy off the court. But on the court, I am simply saying his antics really get under my skin. He is still a great player. But I am beginning to hope he ends up like Mailman and Barkley: Ringless.

13. tchou

Yao is passionate, make no mistake about it. But Yao doesn't scream "You can't f'king stop me!" every day, and twice on Sundays during church.

14. tchou

I don't think the Pistons will be willing to trade him, especially after since they think he may be the one to take over Billup's role--at least not w/ Luther Head alone.

15. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Completely agree. Sam would start on our team, and we had two point guards better than Rondo or House. It boggles my mind that he hasn't been played more in the fourth, even if he doesn't start. His veteran navigation strikes me as exactly what they need.

I see Detroit taking care of business tonight in a close, physical low-scoring grind.

16. sook

sook Rookie

I love Ray Allen

I hate

James Posey

Rondo

Perikins

Eddie House

17. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

So I guess you think Boston will win 4 stright.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Could Chauncey and Rip pull a bigger disappearing act in that 1st half? If the Celts continue to play defense like this, the Pistons are in big trouble. For that matter, if they hadn't forgot to play defense during the final 5 minutes of game 2 (except for the final 55 seconds or so), they probably would be up 2-0.

The Pistons will come out clawing and scratching to start the 2nd half. Let's see if the Celts are ready for it or if it catches them off guard and they crumble.

Is anyone else watching?

19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

if hamilton could hit anything, and cassell and pierce weren't making impossible rainbows while perkins makes spinning fadeaways over rasheed, this would be a game. one team making shots, one team missing them.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It WILL be a game. The Celtics complacent body language says, loudly and clearly, they are willing to let the Pistons back in this game before they start playing hard again. Disappointing!