1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where to see The Toadies in TX

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaGlide, May 18, 2008.

1. DaGlide

DaGlide Contributing Member

Toadies are touring again and not coming to my state (NC). Wife and I saw them ages ago in AZ and I love them live. So we're going to fly and see them at one of the tour stops and I'm wondering what venue would be best:
    HTML:
    06/20   SAN ANTONIO, TX    SUNSET STATION 	 
    06/21 	FT. WORTH, TX        RIDGLEA THEATER 	 
    06/24 	ATLANTA, GA           MASQUERADE 	 
    06/25 	WASHINGTON DC     BLACK CAT 	 
    06/26 	NEW YORK, NY        BOWERY BALLROOM 	 
    06/27 	CAMBRIDGE, MA      MIDDLE EAST UNDERGROUND 	 
    06/28 	PHILADELPHIA, PA   TROCADERO 	 
    08/02 	CHICAGO, IL           LOLLAPALOOZA, 
    08/31 	GRAHAM, TX           POSSUM KINGDOM LAKE

I'm thinking San Antonio or Fort Worth would be best, being home-state territory and all. I was also considering the Bowery Ballroom in NYC.

On a related note, the Masquerade joint scared the crap out of me. Seems to be a death rock place. Next major concert is called PaganFest or something like that. :eek:

BTW, if you happen to be going to any of these shows, let me know. I'll buy you a beer or two to show some ClutchFans love.

2. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

How could you not want to see the Toadies at PK? That would be pretty cool.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think that Possum Kingdom thing really does have the potential to be amazing. Its kind of weird they didn't schedule an Austin date. If they don't add Austin then I would say Ft Worth or PK. Not San Antonio, unless you want to checkout the River Walk and make a weekend out of it.

4. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I can't help but laugh when I look back at being angry and sad about missing the Toadies "last" concert a couple of times. Are they officially a group again? Do they just need the money?

I wonder if the Toadies are sick of playing Toadies songs. I never get sick of them.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think they are actually back this time. Looking to make a new record. The whole process of putting out the 2nd CD left a bad taste in their mouth I believe. So Todd quit. I actually do think its the money they need. Doesn't matter though, they are always amazing.

6. DaGlide

Don't think they're just looking to make a new album. According to this site:

http://www.kirtlandrecords.com/eCard/Toadies/Lolla2008.htm

"No Deliverance" will be out 8.19.08.

7. DaGlide

I was just talking to my wife about this very thing. I missed it on my first scan of the schedule. My only reservation about this one is that I really have no idea what it's going to be like. Other than driving through Texas on a cross-country move and various layovers in Texas airports, I have never really visited Texas. Things that are important to me when considering venues for the concert:

- Not sleeping in a tent, parking 90 miles away, or any other festival crap.
    - Enthusiastic crowd (PK should certainly have that).
    - Proximity to band. I would like to be able to mix it up close to the band but not have it be overly dangerous. My main concern is my wife ending up under a pile of 100 moshers. True rock fan, eh?
    - Transportation - I drink at concerts - a lot. I don't drink and drive, so it would be nice if taxis or some other transport were readily available.

Thanks for the input so far.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They finally added Houston and Austin among other places. College Station actually wouldn't be a bad experience since its the music fest at Northgate. But Austin is probably the ticket.

9. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

Of those places I am not sure, but I saw them when they were her last november at the Verizon Wireless and that place is great for concerts. So if they come to Houston anytime soon and play at that venue that would be my choice.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

If tickets have already gone on sale for those shows, you probably won't find a ticket to the show at the Bowery. The venue is rather small and shows here in NYC sell out very quickly.

Sigur Ros and Ratatat the other day sold out in 2 minutes.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

People remember the Toadies in NY?

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Everybody remembers the Toadies.

So help me Jesus.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

When are the Houston/Austin shows? They're not on pollstar.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Late Aug-Sept