1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Diaw + Barbosa available?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pete the Cheat, May 13, 2008.

1. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Great post, luther Head jokes never get old.

2. liangqj

liangqj Member

It is not a good deal for SUN. There will be 4 big contract over SUN. O'Neal+Marbury, it must be the low-effective combine.

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

diaw? please no!

4. RedGlare07

RedGlare07 Member

I don't like Diaw's game as it would relate to the Rockets either, especially if you're asking me to trade his game for Battier's. I'd rather focus on trying a MLE run at a Mike Miller or, as someone else said, a cheaper option in Ben Gordon, if that's possible.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Suns play no defense. We can't have them. The defense that the rockets have is now nature. Since JVG isn't here anymore, it is up to the players to continue the defensive coaching. RA tweaks the system so he can insert his own offense as well.

Barbosa could be a help since he defends, but Diaw? No. By the way, I doubt Suns will go for Marbury. Their team is now uber old and I don't think they want to get any older.

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Leandro Barbosa...Man if we could get him i'd be probably the happiest man in the world.

This guy is great, quick and damn can shoot. Big upgrade for the bench.

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

the deal is already done verbally between mike d'antoni and diaw and barbosa

d'antoni will tell diaw and barbosa to demand a trade, and trade marburys 20 mil expiring contract for those 2 guards

its probably what its gonna end up like

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I would expect Barbosa to cost any potential suitor about as much as Joe Johnson did a few years ago in the Hawks deal.

Players like Barbosa aren't easy to find. His combination of speed, shooting and scoring punch is pretty much everything we could ever hope Brooks can become.

9. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

I would trade for Marbury and give up all our garbage contracts in return rather than getting Diaw's contract.

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I don't like his game either. I think this is alot less of Dantoni's doing than it is of the suns trying to move these guys.

They are the type of players that play very well in that free flowing offense but they wouldn't look nearly as good if/when the suns change up their style. Their organization will get more out of trading them than they will from keeping them. I don't think they go for either our package or the knicks', though.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Which are our garbage contracts?

12. Deep Six Bomber

The only thing happening to Marbury next season is getting bought out. No one wants him (including the Rockets). The guy is not competitive in the NBA anymore. He doesn't work on his game anymore, doesn't listen, and to be honest, is probably not all there upstairs. He was ousted in NY. Enough said. He is getting bought out and playing in Italy next year by what ever team wants the cap space after 2009. Thus spake Zarathrustra.

13. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

As for a proposal the Suns might actually consider (not the b.s. floating around in thread), should the Rockets consider a TMac for Barbosa + Diaw trade?

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Never.

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Boris Di'Awntoni?

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't mean to be mean, but you should probably know something about what you're talking about before you talk about it.

1. Mike Miller is not a free agent. He is only available via trade, and the Grizzlies seem content to keep him unless someone is willing to take Brian Cardinal's contract along with him.

2. How is Ben Gordon a cheaper option? He already refused a 5 year 50 million dollar extension.

17. rocketsfaninsa

I like barbosa's free wheeling game for our 6th man,he does a lot of damage in that role. like bobby jackson USED to do with the kings

18. poprocks

poprocks Member

It's what Marbury wants to do anyways. Live in Italy for a new life experience and play ball there. He's not going to be in the NBA next year.