1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fitna the movie

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, May 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I did a search and didnt anything on this.

Now usually I don't worry too much about anything.

But I was just wondering if anyone had caught this 15 min commentary by a Dutch director.

Just wondering out loud.

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Wow you guys are late:D.

It has been shown weeks ago. But I’m not sure if it is still on the internet, there was some discussion about that.

We have had months of talking about little else here in preparation for the movie. The movie is made by a Dutch "politician" Geert Wilders. Wilders is one of the people who became popular after the murder on Pim Fortuijn (The first dutch politician who was murdered) also a Anti Muslim politician. Fortuijn was a charismatic person who verbally attacked the normal politicians (funny thing was that he was gay). He convinced many Dutch that our economic and social situation wasn't as good as we thought, and that it was the fault of the foreigners. For some strange reason many (mostly low educated people) believed him.

Ok so back to Wilders. He has caused problems in The Netherlands for some years, he claims he wants a discussion with Muslims but basically he just provokes them and want to alianate them. He has made comments like:
    "The Islam is an ridiculous culture"
    "we must stop the increase of the Islam in Europe"
    Unfortunately I have to tell you that Wilders is popular in the Netherlands. But he still is an idiot, basically you love him or you hate him, and you have to be a idiot to like him.

Because of many provoking comments of him the Dutch politicians were kind of scared of this movie. And even tried to persuade Wilders to not show it.

But about the movie, it is not bad, all the commotion about it was a waste, it is basically clips of movies and news reports about terrorist attacks. Nothing new. and at the ends you see a Koran, and the shots fades and you hear ripping of paper. And the text appears that you heard the ripping of a telephone book. Most people mockingly revere to the movie as Wilders power point presentation

I believe it has been a lot of commotion about nothing. There have been some protests but nothing big. Furthermore people should realize that Wilders is a Dutch politician but he will never be able to be part of the government, since most political parties despise him.

If you want to know anything else just ask.

3. ooze

ooze Member