1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is your most painful memory as a Rocket Fan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by us_marine007, May 2, 2008.

1. us_marine007

us_marine007 Member

for me they were:

1.) that game 6 John Stockton 3 pointer and karl malone bear hug that killed us.. i was depressed for almost a year, and i hope tonight T-Mac exacts revenge on the Jazz's homecourt with a similar 3 pointer... :mad:

2.) seeing dream in a raptor uniform.. :mad: :(

3.) charles barkley's premature injury that ended his career :(

4.) game 7 blowout loss vs dallas...

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I would go with the Game 7 Blowout against Dallas, I actually shed a tear when that happened, no joke.

I didn't witness the stockton 3 pointer, because I was at some stupid prom with my ex-girl! But the DJ announced it and the night was over for me.

3. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

The whole Dalls series and how it all turned around. The Utah series was very painful, but we had won the titles couple of years back.

wins in these series would have probably got us the championship but we just could not get them.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

LOCK THIS THREAD WE DONT NEED THIS SORT OF BAD VIBE AND KARMA BEFORE THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

When we had the big 3 of Charles, Clyde and Hakeem and stockton and malone ended our season with that 3. I wanted to put my foot through the TV.

6. xishi

xishi Member

definitely the game winning shot by stockton. :mad:

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The collapse of the Twin Towers team to drugs and injury.

8. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

1) Game 7 in Dallas series
    2) Game 7 last year

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Ralph getting thrown out for fighting Sichting.

The league announced Wiggins and Lloyd suspened for the season.

Dream getting traded.

10. codell

codell Contributing Member

1987 2OT playoff loss to Seattle......i literally cried for 20 minutes (first and only time I've cried over sports)

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

game 7 last year was a massive disapointment.

ive had more time to get over others.

but to pretty much have the game and series in the palm of your hand - only to not be able to close it out in the fashion that it transpired - just very sad times.

12. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

The bear hug. I have never been so pissed at referees than at that moment.

13. Tuan

Tuan Member

the stockton 3 pointer for me. The blowout to the Dallas was also very hurtful, but nothing compares to that look Charles had when we lost to utah :mad:.

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Stockton's buzzer 3 in Game 6.

I was 14 at the time and it was my first truly crushing moment as a sports fan. I was at the game too...upper deck, behind Stockton as he shot...perfect angle. I had a feeling it was good the moment it left his hand.

:(

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Very good thread :)

For me the most painful moments were...:

1)Lose to Utah in Game 7 after being up 2-0 after first 2 games
    2)I remember when T-Mac went down with his back injury 2nd season in a row (in December in Washington) it was also very painfull....
    3) Ofcourse lose to Dallas after another great start

16. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Ouch! did you at least take it out on your ex that night at a hotel room? pics?

17. Floyd Is Sleepy

Stockton's gw to send his team to the Finals.

I lost sleep over that. Not to mention my hatred for the Jazz ever since then. If theres one team that just about everyone will agree to hate upon, its the Utah Jazzholes.

18. blk5g

blk5g Member

i was deployed last year missed everygame went somewhere that had the game on, i was so excited that we were 2 up on utah, 4 months later i find out they lost that series.

19. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Over the years we've had some disappointing ones, but I still can't get over Stockton hitting the big three. IMO, Charles didn't rotate fast enough, of coarse the bear hug, and the refs "no call". It hurt most because we had the big three, and I couldn't envision anyone beating us. The Jazz have been on my "most hated" list ever since, and they still won't go away. Stockton and Malone are gone, but now the have Boozer and Williams. It's time! to send Utah home for the summer!

20. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

1. I'm at the Summit in 1981 watching Bird and the Celtics clinch the title in Houston. Bird hit a big three pointer near the end that clinched it even though he didn't play very well all series long.

2. The double overtime loss to Seattle in game 7 of the semi's after Hakeem missed one of 2 free throws, the ref's didn't call goal tending and our point guard fouled out on a phantom call. This was a game and series we should have one, maybe we would have won 3 in a row!

3. Watching that loser Scottie Pippen in a Rockets uniform