1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you guys think about Josh Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by acshen, May 2, 2008.

1. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/04/dirk-braced-for-summer-of-big-change.html

I know that it seems a little far fetched, but he's only making 9 mil a year... Josh Howard has always impressed me as the kind of guy who is really efficient, he has good percentages and brings good height and athleticism for his position. He rarely turns over the ball and generally is really consistent (except the past few playoff games). If we somehow managed to land him (banking on Dallas trading to a division rival, which might only happen in a firesale), what do you think we'd have to give up? He could start with Shane coming off the bench; our defense is already top notch, while our offensive efficiency is really lacking.

Anyways just putting that out there.

Then again, if we win the finals this year we probably shouldn't make any adjustments to the roster. =D

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    We was up 2-0 to the the Heat... but then I got high...

We was gonna parade in the street... but then I got high...

We won 67 games... but then I got high... HEY HEY!!!

But then I got high... but then I got high... but then I got high...

Doo doo dooop dooop dooop doooo...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4hOtsHOZVLc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4hOtsHOZVLc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

3. stra

stra Member

Josh Howard would be a good addition to this rockets roster but he does come with some bagae and I am not just talking about the get high stuff.

When you watch him play he just does not seem like he has that all-important will to be great and to win. He does not really step up to the big tasks and not sure how coachable he is. On the other hand if Rick Adelman takes this guy under his wings he could be a perfect fit for the rockets as he can really provide some scoring.

I would be all for it if the rockets staff evaluate him as a winner and a coachable guy.

4. dookiester

dookiester Member

id rather have gerald green

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Hell to the naw, what a stupid suggestion. Besides the mar1juana problem, didn' you hear the story about how Avery asked the players to focus on this series and not party or anything? What did Josh do? He organized a birthday party for himself at a club in Dallas and even handed out flyers in the locker room inviting his teammates. I don't care how good he is, he's a knucklehead.

6. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Josh Howard is an overated player now than last couple of his NBA Career due to smoking that mar1juana. I really like the way thios kid play but that was outrageous being a pothead in the midst of his career.

Say no to Josh Howard!

7. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

Forget J.Howard

We need to trade for

Andrew Shen

8. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Instant CLassic! Im falling out of my chair laughing!

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Muy clever

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm not all that high on Josh Howard these days either, but really?!?! You'd rather have a guy who nobody would pick up off of waivers than a borderline All-Star? Really?!?

I don't know if anybody has told you, but there are no cupcakes on the backboards during games.

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Josh Howard? Personally I don't like him. Don't even know why.

But it is an interesting option and we should maybe make a run after him if he was traded. Why? That's easy. We need 3rd scorer who can step up big and knock down shots when Tracy/Yao are on the bench or are doubled or can't get it rolling.

Josh Howard would be great 3rd option, he is pretty much of a scorer. He can shot jumpers, 3s, he can drive inside and under Adelman with Yao and Mac he would get a lot of open shots.

But you know what? I'd rather have somebody like Peja Stojakovich, guy who can shot 40+ % from the long range.

But I still would like to see Howard in Houston despite me hating him

12. battousai

battousai Member

it depends. With the collaspe of last couple of season in Mavs, i think with all the pressure and stuff Howard has gone bad and becoming a pothead.

If he can turn around then it's good, but I don't think coach AD is that kind of coach to get him quitting on pots.

13. engr chris

engr chris Member

Classic!

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Holy crap! This guy makes millions a year and he can't afford Invsalign? :eek:

15. matty101

matty101 Member

Dallas dont trade J Howard to us without Battier and Brooks being involved therefore i say na uh.

16. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

let me help you there

HE IS A MAVERICK

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I know, man. I was thinking the same thing when I saw that post. It's like saying you would rather have Keith Bogans than Kobe.

But seriously, if Dallas or Phoenix are looking to blow things up i'd be happy to take their um, "garbage" off their hands. Guys like Barbosa and Diaw have to come to mind as outside possibilities. Howard too, if all of negative publicity of him thinking it could possibly be a good idea to admit to getting high get to Cuban.

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Hahaha thank you very much. I just forgot :D

19. Humer

Humer Member

I was thinking about him as well, but I think I'd pass. If either Dallas or Phoenix blow up their teams and have a fire sale there might be some deals out there.

One Maverick player I'd love (but they'd never pass along) is Bass. That dude is a beast. Kinda a tall Landry.

What about the Matrix from Miami? He always killed us when we played Phoenix. Decent "O" and above average "D".

20. zforrest

zforrest Member

I would trade for him, no question.