1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can AI fit our budget?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IROC it, Apr 29, 2008.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Happened once, and it can happen again.

Sincerely,

Charles Barkley

2. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

Sure we can get AI, then we can Bosh & Lebron, all hell, while we are at it lets gets us a good sixth man in Barbosa

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You're aiming too low. Why settle for Bosh when we can get the guy that destroyed him in the playoffs?

[​IMG]

4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Seriously, whether AI fits our budget or not, he does NOT fit the team.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

AI as the sixth man? You need Dr.Phil to convince him that.

6. scola4president

This is a joke. Look what AIs former team is doing with out him. I know they finished under .500 but last year with AI they were no where close to 0.500. This year the Sixers are in the playoffs makeing a nice push against the Pistons. The Nuggets on the other hand got swept. Iverson wants way too many shots if he could live with 12 shots a game maybe Id take him.

7. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

maybe AI could convince Yao not to practis so much. You know, less pounding on that now somewhat fragile talus and tarsals.

8. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

9. skip to my lou

in the words of AI himself

"I AINT COMING OFF NOBODY'S BENCH"

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

First of all he can't fit our budget and won't come here,secondly it's hard to see him as a team first guy but if he is willing to take the MLE, management should take him because he can be our 4th quarter finisher despite his deficiencies. He has the guts to fight to the end which neither Tracy or Yao can do by themselves.

11. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

When?

12. astros148

astros148 Member

he has a player option and can opt out.

Tmac is making 21million next year, Yao is making 15million

Bobby jackson is making 6million, battier is making 6.3 million n rafer is making 5 million.

So you still have 17million dollars to work with right? Bobby has a expiring contract, rafter only has two more years left. And im sure many teams wont mind paying shawn the 6 million

13. gavinking

gavinking New Member

Certainly, AI is one of the most industrious players in this league. Personally, I like his play, but I strongly doubt that he will be giving good contribution to our Championship endeavors.

14. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

two words... HELLLLZ NO

we just need Yao back

15. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Of the starting 5 (or nearly 8 man rotation), he'd be the only guy with no surgery this summer...

16. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1107303/index.htm

On how much longer he'll play-
    "Until I can't be Allen Iverson on the court, until I can't dominate. When you look at the scouting report and my name is not the first name, you have to stop; then it's time to go. I don't want to be an old guy sitting on the bench for a championship team. I'm not coming off nobody's bench."

i LOVE that fire. There hasn't been a Rocket with that kind of drive since franchise, but AI is an obvious upgrade to Steve. I also love tmac and yao but we need a guy with a "i'm not gonna lose this game" attitude. Not "I'm tired man, I'm tired". I'm not sayin trade tmac or yao, nonono, but pair those 3 up and we've got the second best matchup-problem team after boston. There wont be enough double teams to go around. You will never see a point guard cheat off of AI to go help on Yao.

17. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Slightly better? Think again .. There such a offensive force in Denver that playing defense does not show up on radar even with Camby. 161 points? Another reason why Lakers swept them because the game did not slow down to there advantage. Lakers beat them up and down the court and sliced and diced on them in the paint it wasnt pretty because they dont slow the game down atleast in Denver.

Team him with a T-Mac and low post threat Yao which requires to slow the game down in which he has never had a chance to team with his whole career and Deke, this team would be destined for a championship. Unifinshed business from the pass mixed with unfinished business of the present = championship. Iverson is really a likable guy he speaks it like it is and would be a great speaker for Houston i believe.

Can Iverson fit in with a set playbook? I dont know, but a talent like that sure would be worth taking the risk on. It aint like he is a rookie or anything and understands the game. He also playes well in a defensive system believe it or not.

He is not a head case and a good citizen. What coach would not like to coach him?

18. verti89

verti89 Member

Come of the bench...yea right...

BUT if we were to have a lineup of say yao scola tmax ai rafer, that would be reasonable.

19. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I doubt that. Everything you say is what you see on paper or what you hear, but not what is on the court. True we need a wing player (Gerald Green) Back up Center (Deke) point guard the same story the last 5 years (Alston)

Is that not enough?

20. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

ai's awful hahaha I can't believe you guys are considering him... it's not a coincidence that the sixers got better with out him... look at the stats people. he doesn't contribute that much to wins.