1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBATV Question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ToyCen428, Apr 29, 2008.

1. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

If I don't have NBATv, will I be able to see the game tonight? On my GUIDE on my sattelite, its not showing the game on a local station. I better be able to see it...

2. RocketsAddict

RocketsAddict Member

last time it was on TNT, i saw bill worrell still working. i just don't know if it was for a tv coverage.

man, if they don't show it on fsnw or channel 20, damn rockets.

3. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

yeah, it will be on my 20 (channel 20 on dish network and i think channel 4 on cable)

4. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Rockets homepage says 20, but Im going to be at work all night and need to DVR it but if its not on the GUIDE then it won't record the whole game I dont think :mad:

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I was trying to set it up to record last night and I couldn't find it anywhere...

EDIT: So it's on My20...how about HD? I could have sworn I saw someone mention My20 HD. I sure haven't seen it (on Comcast).

6. us_marine007

us_marine007 Member

hey if it's on my20 how come i dont see it on the 8:30pm program??

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

first time i am watching a playoff game on nbatv my question is this:

usually during the year they will just piggy back a broadcast of one of the local teams whenever they had a game scheduled. Is that the same for the playoffs or does NBATV send their own broadcast team to the game and call it? I would be upset if they chose the jazz team tonight instead of Bill/Clyde and Matt. (but if memory serves they usually choose the home teams broadcast ppl)

i think last year game 3 was on NBATV and they did have their own guys call the game (Steve 'Snapper' Jones was the color broadcaster) just dont know what the situation is this year. If anyone knows and can clarify I would be grateful.

8. aceman

aceman Contributing Member

I think someone talked about SopCast a while back. I'm not sure where to get it, though.

9. cson

cson Contributing Member

So: Not in houston + no NBATV = no game? Kill me. :mad:

10. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Yeah how do i get it in Fort Worth?

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Stern makes it such a pain in the ass for NBA fans to simply watch the games.....playoff games no less :mad:

12. midnight

midnight Member

sopcast is your friend ;)

13. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I hope it's not blacked out on NBATV I can't get my20HD with comcast

14. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

My internet is so unreliable. In the evening there's no way I get enough bandwidth to get a Rockets game on sopcast. So frustrating, and I've been dealing with this all season.

Why don't those links load like other video files? They will play audio and video, but then the video will get choppy and there's no going back. From there it gives me one screen (refreshed every 5 seconds) and an audio feed.

Why can't I pause it and let it load until I can get a smooth feed? I'm woefully ignorant when it comes to computers. Is this possible as a way to circumvent my lagging bandwidth?

I get Astros games on My20 in austin (channel 77) when they're not on FSN but its showing the Rangers game tonight. Doh!

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

They still piggy back off the local broadcast. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we get the houston feed!

16. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

really? cause I thought that they're using their own broadcasters from NBA TV, but if they don't, then yeah I hope it's the home commentators.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Last time I saw an NBA TV broadcast they actually had their own announcers, including Fred "Mad Dog" Carter. It was a most scintillating viewing experience :rolleyes:

18. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

can we get a link thread up here please?

19. GMNot

GMNot Member

As far as I'm concerned it just another instance of the NBA dissing the Rockets. I think all other games in the first round have either been on ESPN, TNT, or ABC. Not everybody who gets cable or satellite TV can afford League Pass (NBA.com channel comes with that on DirecTV). NBA TV is part of a regional type sports package with DirecTV. But you have to keep it for a whole month and that seems like too much for just one game, when I could care less about the rest of the month's programming.

If it is a scheduling problem, just once you'd like to see somebody else get the skid instead of the Rockets. I think we all should complain LOUDLY to the NBA about this. Many Rockets fans around the country who thought they were going to get to watch this critical game tonight won't get to. :mad:

20. BattiersBaby

BattiersBaby Member

I don't have NBA TV either, where/how can I watch the game? I must see it! :eek:

BattiersBaby.