1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we were to trade Yao or T-mac, what package would be acceptable?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TmacsRockets, Apr 28, 2008.

1. TmacsRockets

TmacsRockets Rookie

If we were to trade Yao or T-mac, what package would be acceptable?

1) Hear is a trade if we were trading Yao Ming:

Yao Ming for Chris Bosh and Andrea Bargnani

or

Yao Ming for Dirk Nowitzki and Malik Allen

2) Here is a trade if we were to trade T-mac:

T-mac for Josh Howard and Jason Terry

or

T-mac for Michael Redd and Mo Williams

or

T-mac for Baron Davis and Monta Ellis

2. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

We won't get much for TMac right now, but I'd trade Yao for Chris Paul straight up

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

#1 by far IMO. I love Baron but he's too injury prone...don't trust Redd and Williams (don't know why, just don't). HATE Howard, Terry and Dirk. Now if I was assembling a team of all p@ssies, I would trade for Dirk in a heartbeat.

I've stated before that an "athletic" big man on this team would make a world of difference. I also think it would keep the lane open a bit more.

Something about watching Baron play though....it's like a throw back to the seventies.

4. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

in that case i rather have tmac for 1 more year and then his 20mill contract expires and there that big money we will have for freeagency - same year lebron james becomes free too

5. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

I would accept NEITHER trade proposals for Yao.
    I would accept ALL THREE of the trade proposals for T-Mac.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So fast your head would spin.

DD

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

If I read your suggestions correctly, we could potentially have a Rockets team with Dirk Nowitzki, Josh Howard, and Jason Terry as the 'star' players. Urgh.

Wouldn't it be easier just to root for the Mavericks instead?

8. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

No, Bosh isn't anything special and Bargnani sucks.

Never! You deserve a ban. I'd rather trade Yao for Calvin Booth and Alan Henderson than for dirk.

Probably a yes. At least we get out of Mac's contract. However I can't imagine a mav in a Rockets jersey.

On paper this deal looks not bad at all but you have to wonder how a team with such players and passable people at other positions can be so horrible.

haha, GS would never, ever do it.

9. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

If the Clippers land one of the top 2 picks, I would package Yao and Scola for thier pick, Brand, and Kayman.
    With the pick, then you draft Rose.

The problem with trying to trade Tmac is, no one will want to give anything of value.

10. onethreeeleven

Do any of those trade proposals actually work in terms of salaries?

In any case, if we were to trade T-Mac or Yao, we would not trade them within the division...perhaps not even the conference. And asking for Chris Paul is going to get a resounding NO from the Hornets.

Seriously speaking, if we were to trade either Yao or Tracy, we would probably get far less than what people around here are looking for. That's just how it goes when trading a player that people think HAS to be traded.

11. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

I dont want baron at all... i would trade T-mac and Luther Head for Monta Ellis (resigned to a new deal) and Stephen Jackson though, imagine a line up of

Yao
    Scola
    Battier
    Jackson
    Ellis

all of them are good defensively and we'd still keep rafer

12. TmacsRockets

TmacsRockets Rookie

Dirk got a team to the finals. For you to say those players is idiotic despite your hate for Dirk.

13. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

The last time Jackson played defense was in San Antonio
    Putting Ellis and defense in the same sentence does not have a good taste.

Golden State will not trade Ellis though, he is their future and is not injury prone. Why would they want to surround injury prone baron davis with injury prone tmac and then send their future away.

But if Morey was to catch Golden state on a good day, i will do the trade in a heartbeat

14. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Wow, really smart. So you trade away a BIG man for a PG. Now you go out and look for another big man.

15. Carlos Nice

Carlos Nice Rookie

i don't like that...Jackson ain't a go-to guy...he fits in a run and gun offense like GS's but he's not what we "want" in a SG...

here's my trade proposal: Landry and Battier for Artest and Kevin Martin

lineup

Yao
    Scola
    Artest
    Tracy
    Martin

it would be a dream to have Yao, Artest and Tracy on the floor at the same time...i SERIOUSLY believe we're gonna make a big push for Artest in the off-season...

16. Carlos Nice

Carlos Nice Rookie

Artest would be our "mean guy"...people FEAR that guy...not only do people fear him but he's an Adleman guy...we would let him do all the "dirty work" cuz he's THAT KIND of player...we'll miss Battier but what Battier did, Artest would do better...

Artest can take over games late and he IS NOT scared to drive to the bucket with 3 people on him...

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yao for Bosh and Bargnani is flat out stupid.

Yao for Dirk and Allen makes me hesitate for a sec. Allen cant play starter C, so who's going to play 5? If we want a perimeter team, we need to have rebouding C. Maybe Dirk+Damp for Yao+bad contracts, which we dont have much right now.

Tmac for Howard and Terry? No way in a million years.

Tmac for Redd and Mo? Let's not be too funny.

Tmac for Ellis and Davis? I dont want Davis, but I like Ellis. I wont give Tmac for Ellis tough.

18. i hate the mavs

i dunno bout trading tmac or yao.. but if we could somehow get calderon that would be pretty sweet

19. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yup, pretty much.

20. Carlos Nice

Carlos Nice Rookie

keep the current squad; just bring in a 3 or 4 that can average 17-19pts a game and that is FEARLESS going to the hole...oh yeah, let him average about 46% from the field...

anyone come to mind that "could possibly" be available for trade next year !?!?