1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Offseason rebuilding proposal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Apr 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Incoming Players
    Yao Ming
    22.0 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 2.4 apg

Outgoing Players
    Loren Woods
    0.9 ppg, 0.1 rpg, 0.3 apg

Change in Team Outlook: +21.1 ppg, +10.7 rpg, +2.1 apg

TRADE ACCEPTED

Everything else -- upgrading the backup guards, offloading Francis, getting an offer for Alston we can't refuse -- is gravy.

Enough with the whining and doomsaying. That roster, with another year of experience running Adelman's system, is enough to take on anybody.

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

preach on brother...

amen!

3. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

While that may be true, the following has happened too many times for the Rockets not to get worried...

Incoming players
    The Rockets Medical Staff

Outgoing players
    Yao Ming
    Tracy McGrady

4. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Haha so true.

I love Rafer, but I'd love to see Rockets somehow find another good solid Passing PG to either be Rafer's backup or be the starter.

I believe a healthy Yao, Tmac, Rafer + some solid PG backup would get us a ring.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Definitely an improvement. Perhaps not quite enough, but a great start.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

again, it all comes down to health. if we're healthy the whole year, i have no doubt we will get the #1 seed. that makes advancing much easier doesn't it?

NOW STAY HEALTHY. hire the phoenix suns' trainers and medical staff or something.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Been saying that all year......

That with a healthy Yao we are the number 1 seed in the West...flaws, warts, and all.

However, just for arguments sake.....the problem is not having a healthy Yao and TMac, it is that for some reason, they have both missed significant time....every year.

DD

PS. Bring back V-Span.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

luxury tax is going to force some moves.

9. Rob English

Rob English Member

GIT-R-DONE!!! Hope Daryl Morey can pull it off. :D

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't think that works under the cap. You need to include bjax and luther head as well.

11. bbjai

bbjai Member

Spoken for the truth

We would be thrashing the Jazz if Yao was playing

12. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Hahaha Will. Great post.

13. xiudou@cn

xiudou@cn Member

What's the difference between us and SA? They have Ginobli, second one can control the ball and attack. We only have T-Mac, it increase the possibility of his injury.

Yao says he still need a surgery on his shoulder next summer. His knee, foot are injured in China. And because of our poor sports iatrology and high strength in NBA, made him injured evermore. But he'll be stronger and more healthy after every surgery.

14. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Can i modify this thread a little bit....Every single offseason we all have different ideas and some say...I knew he would be good while others say mann what happened.

Well, as a group can we together make a plan that everyone will like.

Alston/Francis/Brooks
    tmac/
    battier/
    scola/Landry
    yao/

So far those are the only guys staying so everybody just suggest one suggestion for a possible trade or possible draft pick. If 5 people accept your proposal than we can update the roster...sounds good or should we continue to throw random proposals out there?

15. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

This is probably one of the more underrated aspects of this team. Bobby jackson said it took them about 3 years to fully utilize Adelmans system in Sacramento. Everyone can see this team still relies on the predictable PnR way too much, especially Tmac.

16. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Nice optimism and all, but Northside's post makes much more realistic sense.

17. tariq

tariq Member

I suggest that we should start playing Yao and T-Mac only in January so that we can ensure that the two are healthy come playoffs.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Although the contingent that believes in this theory rarely posts about it, we are bigger than you think. What scares me is Les jumping the gun and dealing McGrady for the sake of change or Morey dealing Battier with the same intention. Hopefully we do comeback next season with the same backbone. But that may not be the case.

19. faraza84

faraza84 Member

we need a good center and a good sg that can cut tmac and yaos minutes, health should not be a concern next year and get some better trainers, tmacs hands, knees,, shoulders are all wrapped, he looks like a mummy. seriously if he needs surgery he needs to get it done now

20. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

That's assuming all of our role players play just as agressive offensively and hustle as much they did with Yao out. Everyone was bringing their A game when Yao went out. I doubt that happens when he comes back.

The coaching staff will have to make it a point of emphasis to not allow the other players to stand and watch Tracy or just force feed it to Yao.

The injuries are obviously not an aberration but the rockets should have trade 1 or both of them a couple years ago when it might have seemed that way to others. Our medical staff really should be under fire though.

Even with Yao, with this group around him, i wouldn't bet on them winning anything significant. Gotta upgrade the dleague all-stars.