1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade TMac for Manu?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Would you trade Tmac for Manu

1. Yes

312 vote(s)
    37.1%
  2. No

528 vote(s)
    62.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have been having an interesting discussion about whether Tmac or Manu is better at this stage of their respective careers in another thread.

I know we are a Rockets message board, but if you could would you trade Tmac straight up for Manu Ginobli?

I would do it because I think at this stage in their careers Manu is a better player, and will relentlessly attack the basket.

What say you?

Please understand this is hypothetical only.....and I have made this poll private so you can vote how you like without facing the backlash.

Me, I could care less....I would do it.....

DD

#1 DaDakota, Apr 22, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  2. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I don't think Spurs would do it. Period.

3. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

No Way. We would have lost by 30 last night if we had Manu instead of Tmac. DD you are a good guy, but you are delusional.

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

No.

McGrady is on a different level than Manu.

McGrady IS this team without Yao and it is a good team. Manu would be the best player on a bad Rockets team without Yao.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Look at me. I'm DaDakota. I'm having an argument in another thread about whether I should root like the Spurs more than the Rockets, so I thought I'd make a poll thread about it, too.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Ginobli is an interesting player, to say the least and having someone like him would definitely help us. I don't see the Spurs trading him for McGrady, though and especially not straight up. If McGrady wasn't so injury-prone, they might (but even then that is questionable because they are making a trade with one of their chief divisional rivals). However, I have to wonder how much longer Manu can keep playing at this level. You know that his body must be taking a pounding and that in 2 to 3 years, he may break down physically.

So, I would pass on this idea. If anything, I would trade McGrady to the Bulls for Gordon, Hinrich, and Gooden or something similar to that. Get some guys that might be more complementary to Yao.

7. lpbman

lpbman Member

I'd still take Tracy. I had to think about it, though.

Look at this Rockets team, and know if you focus a defense on Tmac and make him take jumpers, you will win.
    You focus your defense on Manu and Parker and Duncan kill you.... it's not a fair comparison.

8. mau

mau Member

not only that trade would make the rockets a very bad team, it will also make the spurs the nba champs until Duncan and T-Mac decide to retire

Duncan+TMac+Parker

spurs would do that in a heartbeat

9. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

I agree with you. Tmac's salary can buy 2 Manu's or a Manu and a Parker or rather a Memphis Grizzlies Franchise.

10. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Of course I would.

But the Spurs wouldn't.

11. DaDakota

Oh stop being so bitter.

This is just a fun thread to see what people think about Tmac vs Manu.

Nothing wrong with a poll on an internet message board.....
    DD

12. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I’ve been on record in this board in having issue with Mac's shot selection, his fortitude, his passion. Since the Philadelphia game earlier in the season that opened my eyes to him, I have come to understand that we can’t change him into what we want him to be because it is who he is.

Despite that I think I still wouldn’t trade him for Manu. I would trade for a third scorer that Manu benefits from.

13. TiMacManiaa

TiMacManiaa Member

exactly what i think

mcgrady affects the game way too much and he would find duncan EVERYTIME if he's doubled

imagine mcgrady not seeing 80% of the time some double teams...ouch

the only reason i would do it is that it would be funny to see scola and manu play together

14. DaDakota

Popovich would break a corpusle trying to get Tmac to attack the basket and stop settling for low percentage shots.

By the way on other message boards, Tmac does not have near cache as he does here.....

Once you take off the rose colored glasses you see the flaws in the stone.

DD

15. TiMacManiaa

TiMacManiaa Member

right now i just hope that mcgrady will drive like a madman like in game 2

maybe having rafer back will give him more space

can't wait to see the deadly floater of skip

16. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I think trade TMac tio Chicago is good for all parties: Rockets, Bulls, Tmac, and the Bulls players we get.

Tmac will have no problem pass the first round with the decent supporting cast in the super weak east.

The players we get, (Hinrich, Deng, and Gooden ...) will get more PT and better chance to win the title

Both teams will be better.

17. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

You're delusional.

18. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Manu is fragile and can't play heavy minutes throughout the season. If Manu is your #2 guy and is asked to play McGrady's role, then you're going to regret it big time.

I love Manu's game, but he's perfect in the kind of role the Spurs have for him. The Rockets, on the other hand, have a traditional of overlying on a couple of players to carry an entire franchise and that would spill disaster for Manu's career.

19. DaDakota

More Fragile than Tmac? I don't think so...

DD

20. demon77

demon77 Member

Sure, why not? But will the spur do it? I highly doubt it.

I'm actually more curious to see the feedback from the SpurTalk forum if this thread was posted there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.