1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lower Bowl at the Toyota Center...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, Apr 22, 2008.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

...Is by far the sorriest excuse for a collection of NBA Fans I have ever seen. I've been down there once before, but last night I got to sit down in the club section for about a quarter and it was infuriating. I think about 20% of the people there were actually (and probably unwittingly) wearing blue shirts... and maybe 10% of the fans down there actually care enough about the team to do more than occasionally golf clap when a shot is made.

The only time you see more than 50% of the Lower Bowl on its feet is when they start giving away T-shirts. My girlfriend and I felt like fishes out of water down there just because we were decked out in Rockets Red while everyone else in our vicinity looked like they thought they were going to be at the country club.

I know this isn't the first time there has been a backlash against the snobby bastards who get their corporate tickets and take their sports-hating whores along with them, but this is a playoff game with huge implications and you won't even put any effort into supporting the team. Meanwhile most of the fans actually cheering broke their ****ing banks just to afford a couple nosebleed seats so they could cheer on the team they love. The icing on the cake is watching the Bandwagoners start to get out of their seats and head for the exits with 3 minutes remaining and us down by 5 points. Its laughable when you compare that to the crowds you see in Utah / SA / GS. I say good riddance to the Band-Wagon, Gravy-Training Fans who couldn't name more than 2 people on the current roster.

I feel bad for the Red Rowdies because nobody down there seems to want to feed off their energy. In fact when I sat with the Rowdies at the Miami game, several of the pompous pricks behind us started yelling at us to sit down when the game started. Sit down? Do you know where you are sitting? I paid just as much for this ticket because I wanted to sit with the best group of fans in the NBA... its just a shame they have to be lumped together with the worst.

/end rant.

2. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

ya from the upper level I was looking down at the lower and I saw way too many long sleeve blue collar shirts. might as well of put on a damn utah tru blue shirt

3. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

Moes, I feel your pain. I had an opportunity to sit in 108 2nd row earlier this season and had the same experience. We were in our jerseys and loud, but were definately in the minority. I blame the Rockets organization for the club level issues. They designed the TC so that all the sideline seats in the lower bowl were part of the club level. The seats are marketed and sold to corporations and are priced out of the ability for the average fan to afford.

During the streak, we sat just above the Red Rowdies for win #21. The people behind us continually asked us to sit down. I don't know who to blame for these type of game attendees. There is no excuse for this, IMO. Maybe the Rockets need to post a warning in sec 114 like the Texans do in the Bullpen. It basically says, expect this section to be loud and to stand if you are in the section. It advises people who don't want to be rowdy to select another section.

If I worked in the marketing department of the Rockets, once the momentum got building this year, I would have strongly encouraged the corporate ticket holders to make sure their tickets were given to fans who would appreciate the game. Not sure if it would have helped, but I can see ways of encouraging the next level of support from the season ticket holders.

The upper bowl fans are the true diehard Rocket fans and they deserve all kinds of kudos for their support of the team. You appreciate the value of something when you make sacrifies to afford it.

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

The worst is when you are sitting up high, and you see some douche bag with his girlfriend in the lower bowel wearing clothes like they are going to a club leave in the 3rd quarter.

They also need to only open that Jack Daniels thing and all the little get together places for halftime only.

[​IMG]

#4 WhoMikeJames, Apr 22, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  5. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

I noe look at the jazz their stadium is pure blue [​IMG]

and the Golden state warriors last year[​IMG]
    Our lower bowl is just empty and crap its just so sad to say that corporatism is taken over the sport of bball

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Very well said. I could not agree more, and I know its frustrating as a die hard fan to have to sit up in the nosebleeds in the corner rows with limited view when people who couldn't care less about the game are sitting in seats you'd kill to be in. Most of the people in the upper bowl have jerseys, rockets shirts, red shirts, or at the very least a neutral color on. You cannot seriously justify going to a Rockets-Jazz playoff game wearing a Jazz Blue shirt. Class distinction really sucks.

7. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

and this is what we have to face when we go to utah
    [​IMG]
    No wonder they have the best homecourt people actually bother to attend games

8. Summer Song Giver

I was asked to sit down about three mins into last night's game.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The problem with the red shirts is that it makes the arena look empty.

10. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I remember someone asked me to sit down at the first game this season that Dave put together. Its a freaking Rockets game, why the hell would I want to sit down if I am cheering on my team?!!

Things will never change, we just have to accept that sitting in the lowers isn't worth it if you are attending a good game. If you want to take pics and just get a closer look, get the tix cheaper to a crappier game against the Bobcats or the Grizz.

If you want to actually cheer and be a fan, sit in the 10 dollar seats. Now that is a freaking section with fans!

11. RocketRedd45

RocketRedd45 Member

A lot of people in the lower bowl started leaving early last night, when there was still 2 mins left and we were down by 5. Really pissed me off. It would have been a tied game when Bobby swished that 3, but Scola shoved krylinko for the offensive foul.

12. wangzhizhi

wangzhizhi Member

You all need to get creative and figure out the way to sit in the lower bowl club seats. Hell, next season I may even need to start helping out you hardcore CF members because I can't stand watching the Rockets when they play at home.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

and that is why i left at halftime to go back upthere.

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

very pathetic indeed...it looked worse on TV...I saw LAYGO chanting and yelling on TV last night, but unfotunately, we was the only one in his section doing anything...

15. rocketsfaninsa

this is true, i lived in houston up until 5 years ago when i moved to san antonio for college. i now live in scottsdale,az outside phoenix so i have been able to go to all three teams home games. the rockets lower level is by far the most unenthusiastic about its' team. they show up "fashionably" late, leave early, and never stand or cheer. the suns fans are crazy in the lower half! they stand and cheer for the EVERYTHING, and i mean even when their guys get fouled. san antonio's the same way, but that's b/c no one actually knows the rules and they just cheer b/c some smart fans know what's going on and they stand up.
    unfortunately houston is filled with a lot of ppl with a lot of money that ride the bandwagons of the astros,texans, and rockets. the lower level at TC was vacant until we won 22 straight! thank you red rowdies and others for making noise, at least our games sound loud on TV b/c of you guys, great microphone work, and great TV angles of the rowdies

16. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I saw a little kid in the upper deck wearing a blue Peyton Manning jersey last night? WTF?

17. danny317

danny317 Member

i attended game 1. sat in the upper bowl in the corner by the tundra suite. there was an entire row that was empty in the lower bowl for the entire game. WTF?!?!

also, watching the fan pour out of toyota center w/ 5 minutes left. what message are you sending to the team? freakin posers! :mad:

18. Mailman

Mailman Member

This is a recurring problem with the "fans" of the three major pro teams in the city of Houston.

Houston sports fans just suck. When the Astros went to the WS in 2005, I had the good fortune to attend all of the home playoff games against the Braves and Cards. The atmosphere around Minute Maid before the start of Game 5 (the Pujols game) was surprisingly electric because everyone in attendance knew they might witness something historic, the Astros' first World Series appearance cliched in front of the home crowd. Well, in the first inning Pettitte got into some trouble and put runners on first and second with nobody out with a walk and HBP. He got Pujols out, got the next guy for the second out, and then went to two strikes on the last batter of the inning. I had great seats right down the third base line in shallow LF. At that point I stood up and started cheering like crazy for Pettitte to get that third out.

Well, some d-bag behind me had the gall to scream "Sit down!" and I went crazy on him.

I was all "Sit down?!!? NO!! STAND UP IT'S THE GODDAMNED NLCS!!" I was absolutely livid. Kiss my white ass, you corporate w****.

He was shocked by my reaction, but there were quite a few fans around me who cheered when I went off on him.

19. slobodan

slobodan Member

LOL there are always club looking whores sitting on the floor too. Disgusting.

At game 1, I was in section 111, when people started leaving, I was screaming at them "Sit down! Bandwagon fans! Traitors!"

20. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

You guys are stupid. Everyone knows that it is not cool to stay the whole game, especially when you're entertaining a client that doesn't like sports. Or if you have to beat the traffic to give your arm ornament a little something something.

You guys are so prole.