1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Face it people Clutch City is dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketballin, Apr 21, 2008.

1. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

This is just a new begining for CLUTH CITY USA. The old one was history but the new one just started.

2. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

Clutch City was a time period in the mid 90's when Hakeem and the rockets came from behind in games, series and even from the 6th seed to win championships. THAT was CLUTCH CITY.

this team has seen 2-0 series leads slip away on 2 separate occasions in 3 years. To say this rocket team has an ounce of clutch city in them is crazy.

Now after saying that I still BELIEVE this rocket team can come back and win and if they do it would be a START to clutch city 3, but were a long way from that.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, is Clutch Fans dead, too?

That was the 6th game you idiot.

now go away

4. DreamRoxCoogFan

Worst. Thread. Ever.

[​IMG]

5. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

Thats right my bad game 6... I'm just so caught up in my emotions i guess I wasnt thinking about what I was typing.. Anyway You guys are in Denial... This Rocket team hasnt shown me anything? Are you all people who just like settling for less? It seems like it? Theres just been to many bumps in the road and weve been really unlucky.

btw please dont direct your anger to me just cus we lost. Im pissed to man. Im not going to go shoot someone though, jeez get a grip.

6. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Now is what the city get his name. down 0-2.

Rockets will win the series.

7. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

I couldn't have said it better myself

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

yeah but people act like the series is over. We are not the Boston Celtics' Atlanta Hawks.

We can beat the Jazz. There's still games to be played in this series. A lot of people are acting like it's over.

9. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

No dude Clutch Fans is not dead. It should never be dead.. Clutch City I is... Now as for Clutch City II Who knows, we need to start making it happen. NOw would be a good start. Another thing guys, I thought we were all on the same team here, I made an honest mistake, in saying game 7 instead of 6..My bad... I had a couple of beers cus i was living and dying every second of that game. Why would you call someone an idiot.. thats pretty rude man. Anyway your a fellow Rockets fan and I understand your frustration... So I'll let it slide..tonight.

Here's to us replicating the 94-95 Rockets... Now go win two at Utah

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Your new identity should be jazzballsack.

11. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

Dude whats your problem? Are you that blind that you can't see the obvious?

12. scola4president

rocketballins go suck the jazz off in there own forums

13. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

Screw you, I've probebly been a Rockets fan longer than you have. I swear some of you have no class. Why do you have to be jerks?

14. Erichstolz

Erichstolz Member

Omg...people. Can you give these guys a break??? I mean...half the teams have NEVER won a championship. Remember we were the team that werent supposed to go to the playoffs when yao went down.

We were the team that went 22 in a row...second most EVER, with players that no one outside of greater houston has ever heard of...with the exception of Dik and Tmac.

We grabbed the 5th seed, with a chance to get the 1 seed, with 3 games left.

we improved our record by 3 games over last years record with our best player out for half the season.

Oh yea....and its only 2 games into the playoffs. About 80% of you guys are going to go on your "man this team is crap, tmac is lazy, we suck" rants....if we lose.

Have some heart....have some confidence in your team. If you are on a rockets message board, im pretty sure the rockets have had a significant impact on your life. If the rockets were a single person that was close to you, would you be ready to disown them when they mess up a little??? No ones perfect....you guys are freakin spoiled. just be glad we MADE the playoffs, and that we arent Seattle with the worst record, and the team getting ready to head out to Oklahoma. jeez.

15. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

Clutch City is not dead, fan support might be dead with all the TMAC bashing going on in here.

16. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

no yao ming........thats all i gotta say

17. us_marine007

us_marine007 Member

i wouldnt say dead just yet.... 0-4 then yes we are dead... 0-2, right now we are in "critical condition..." a few made free throws and we would have been in "stable condition.." :D

18. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

Hmm if they come back and win this series 4-2 I hope you slice open your wrists.

That being said this is a different team and they should make their own name for themselves. I'd prefer the name 'The Terminators' or something as in terminating teams from the playoffs. :D

19. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

only one thing that can bring back Clutch City right now. Hakeem coming out of retirement and playing backup center.

20. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

This team is not clutchcity... they are neither dead... I posted this to try and get some people out of the mentality that we are still clutch city.. ClutchCity left when Robert Horry and Sam Cassell left to Pheonix... I remember I was pissed about that trade. Imagine we had kept Cassell and Horry longterm? We may have another 2 championships in the bag. The Barkley trade crippled us financially and talentwise . Just Imagine Cassell in his prime with Horry being our "playoff" savior going into the late 90's with the team we had. Who needed anyone else. I think we may have sold our souls with the Barkley trade. metaphorically speaking. We must now find a new identity similar to that of
    "Clutch City" why not get some championships under our belts and be "Dynasty City".
    Anyway didn't mean to upset so many people.