1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Refs DID NOT blow this game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, Apr 21, 2008.

1. jogo

jogo Member

Face it, we got beat by a better team. With Rafer and Yao back we might be even in talent but without them we're just not as good.

I've seen many Rockets games where I felt like we were getting hosed by the refs but this game wasn't one of those. Neither was game one. Did AK flop at the end? Maybe, but we got the benefit of the majority of calls all night. Look at the FTA disparity in both games and you really can't hate on the refs.

Just try to win one in Utah.

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Yea I don't know where that excuse came from. The only thing I saw was the AK47 Flop.

3. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

You're correct. Scubola was the main person to blame for this one.

4. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

there were lots of missed calls and the ak one was borderline. we are being outplayed. period. own it and come back next year.

5. slobodan

slobodan Member

yiou cant compare FTA because the jazz play football. of course they will have more fouls called on them. but if they truly called the games properly, our FTA would be 3x higher.

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The ref blew the game. Made the worst call in the playoffs, and took away the tying 3 pointer. I'd call that a huge imprint on the game result.

the free throws, rebounds, etc. are all the Rockets fault, I agree. But the Rockets were still in it at the end of the game DESPITE those faults. They would have TIED the game if it weren't for the flop bullship call made by...the ref.

this win belongs to the ref.

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

YES THEY DID...........Why fall for that little b**** flop from AssKisser69.........I understand we really set ourselfs up with missed freethrows..........But when the game comes down to things like that.....Let it go...........But we suffer from it and have Thread Starter come on here and say......

Just Face it we lost fair and square..............Maybe u could think that if u were blind but................I will not lay down for floppers and refs who give them their way like whiny little 3 year olds when the games on the line.........

8. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

agree, they call one more foul on the jazz tonight than on us, they just missed Utah's other 30 fouls. The refs just don't have enough air left to really blow well.

9. BigVic785

BigVic785 Member

The Refs did blow this game. Granted the players had a very good chance of winning the game DESPITE the refs but u gotta admit they did an attrious job. I kno there our no excuses for missed layups and fts but when Utah is consistently playing dirty it kind of wears on you. And its the playoffs u cant make those anticipation calls and u cant call flops by AK47

10. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

I know desperate times call for desperate measures... but how the hell did refs blow this game?

There were a few controversial calls, but that's to be expected in any NBA game. For the most part, the calls were consistent on both ends of the floor.

11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Reasons why we lost:

Missed FTs
    Missed layups
    Missed 3-pointers
    Long FG drought in the 4th quarter
    1 4th quarter point from T-Mac

12. BigVic785

BigVic785 Member

"I like Tony Brothers but that was a bad call" TMAC

13. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

He guessed the call. He was watching McGrady's feet the whole time. AK47 flies by his line of sight, and the ref blows the whistle. he didn't see what happened. Dont you think the ref on the sideline would have been watching the screen? He blew it.

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

But it was very important. Kirilenko obviously did flop and that was it. Just can't make mistakes like that

15. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Because, you just cant call that blatant flop when the game winds down like that. Its too important. Sure, we would have won if we had made more ft's, but we didn't. Either way, we should of won, or the game be 83-83.

16. Seth

Seth Member

Consistent.

Play A Kirilenko set a moving screen with both hands on Scola -no call- 3 pts for Utah.

Play B Kirilenko touches 3 of Scola fingers and falls down as if he received the touch of death, -it has nothign to do with the play cause tracy didnĀ“t shot- Jacksonburies a WIDE OPEN 3 they call. 3 points for Utah.

That is not consistent, and not to say about the no calls on many of Tracy dirves.
    On the other end the Rockets were unable to fight for a rebound without being called.

17. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

Even if there was no flop, it would've been an obvious holding call. Luis had his arm sticking out across AK's chest so he can't get to the ball.

No ref under any circumstances would let you get away with such blatant holding.

If you think that 1 call somehow doomed us for the series, you're hopelessly mistaken.

18. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

:confused: :confused: :confused: What the hell were you watching?

19. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

that ak47 flop cost us a game tying 3 with 30 sec. left so instead of being tied the jazz score 2, thats a 5 point lead with 11 sec. left

how the hell can you say the refs did not blow this game, outta here

20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

blaming the refs is as weak as the Rockets actual players. Jazz are just better and more physical in every aspect of the game.