1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

20 million for 3 shots in the 4th Quarter Let the excuses begin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by byrdman22, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

From what I saw in the 4th, it was pretty much single coverage...

2. byrdman22

byrdman22 Rookie

SO WHY ONLY 3 SHOTS? ARE YOU TELLING ME TRACY IS THE ONLY PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE THAT CANT GET A SHOT OFF AT ALL WHEN HE IS DEFENDED?
    Your right Tracy just thought Battier and Hayes could take over.

3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Hello, the team shot 36 % for the game.

I'll pay you 5 bucks if you can find any team that won a playoff game against a #1, #2, #3, or #4 seed shooting that badly.

Yes, Tracy should have shot more, but they couldn't even get him the ball forget about him having an open lane. Its not like it the Wizards defense out there.

That said, by the time this team has the pieces to win a championship, T-Mac will have no game left. Role players on championship teams step up throughout the playoffs. Right now, only Shane has done that inconsistently and B-Jax when he was younger. Everyone else is unproven in the playoffs or very inexperienced and not handling it well.

4. lakaluva

lakaluva Member

HUH??? They dont have 1 allstar. You guys need to stop crying and man up. Everyone is dealing with injuries this time of year so man up!

5. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

MAYBE HE ONLY TOOK 3 SHOTS IN THE 4TH QUARTER BECAUSE HE WAS HAVING A BAD SHOOTING NIGHT. IF HE HAD TAKEN MORE SHOTS AND MISSED, WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE SAID? THAT HE SUCKS AND SHOULD NOT CONTINUE JACKING UP SHOTS?

6. juanschwartz

juanschwartz Member

Byrdman wanted him to jack up horrible shots while double teamed so he'd have a more valid point. The idea behind exploiting a double team is that they come off a man and it's up to that man to hit an open shot... not to just attack the two defenders anyway. That is why Tracy changes the game when he is on the court. Someone like LeBron James could kick it over to Gibson who could hit an open 3.

7. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

you guys saw the frustration in t-mac at the end of the game. and you seriously gonna say that he quit on the team in teh 2nd half, he played with passion, and he really cared.

8. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

Can I vote for another terrbile thread rating?

9. sook

sook Rookie

Byrdman, when he shoots too much you get on him? When he tries to get others going you still get on him? He brought us this year with a SUMMER LEAGUE ROSTER, dont ever forget that we have limited potential apart from battier, scola, and TMAC we have garbage. Landry along with the rest of the bench have been playing Casper. Guys like Hayes cant catch a pass for a wide open layup..

10. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

...I have to say, even if I hadn't watched the game this argument would've fallen flat.

Jerry Sloan didn't double McGrady last year. Jerry Sloan didn't double prime Micheal Jordan. Jerry Sloan wouldn't even double Jesus Christ.

11. juanschwartz

juanschwartz Member

WTF. Everyone is dealing with missing their starting PG and C?

Take DWill and Boozer out and we won that game.

12. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

hey byrdman, can u read my other post b4 typing thanks... i thought i told u to get that brain surgery done.. u r embrassing urself..

13. vince100

vince100 Member

love the comment, let's see what other lame excuses Tmac lovers come up with.

14. WarioMillie

WarioMillie Member

I'm sure if he had put up the number of shots you wanted him to (miss or make) and if they still lost- someone (not you per se, I'm not saying your a hypocrite) would be posting a "20 million for chucking away the 4th quarter Let the excuses begin" thread.

15. byrdman22

byrdman22 Rookie

Ok lets say Tracy takes 15 shots and only hits 4 or 5 against the Jazz. Thats fine. I can live with that. But not trying at all. Not even shooting the ball? Thats unheard of. How can you people say he didnt quit? No on can answer why he shot only 3 times? :rolleyes:

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Unless you count the guy that made, you know, 100% of the threes he took (not to mention 100% of the twos).

17. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

First of all, please stop tying in ALL CAPS.

Second, we are missing 2 out of 4 of our best players. I wrote this team off the second Yao was injured, fortunately they didn't listen to me or the national media. Until its 4-?: it isn't over (please see Webster's '94-'95 Rockets). Utah looks far superior, but so did Phoenix in '95 - Will it happen? I don't know, but don't say it can't! :cool:

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

looks like this is the designated rooky thread

19. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

So did Lebron today......most superstars who can make thing happen get 2-3 guys on them at some point. But that doesn't stop them, that why they are superstars........T-Mac can't do that anymore, I've said this a million times before.

20. apocclass

apocclass Member

you can't compare the two man, lebron is a freak of nature physically. lebron can drive the ball in better than kobe, and hes supposed to be the best player in the league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.