1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's predict ... Rox vs. Jazzs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jason_long, Apr 17, 2008.

Tags:
?

Prediction of Rox vs. Jazzs in the playoff

1. Rox win within 6 games

116 vote(s)
    34.3%
  2. Rox win on 7th game

105 vote(s)
    31.1%
  3. Jazzs win on 7th game

23 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Jazzs win within 6 games

94 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. AXG

AXG Member

I'm not as optimistic as last year, even though the Rockets have a much better team this season. The Rockets lost the reg. season series last year and they lost it again this year. I predict a repeat that the Jazz will win in 7, although I hope I'm wrong.

2. rday

rday Contributing Member

You guys are great fans, but you're all crazy.

Jazz in 4 or 5. It hurts to say it, but there's not a lot to be positive about with this match-up. Outside of the Phoenix game, we've played like complete shat against legit Western Conference teams since the streak.

3. MystikArkitect

Rockets in 5. This team defied logic the whole season. And we're gonna do it again. In order to win this series, we have to be PHYSICAL with their weak ass players. And that's what they are. Losers. Weak minded. Pathetic. Floppers.

Utah. Where losers happen.

But Dallas is only one Southwest plane flight away.

4. AXG

AXG Member

Only problem with that is the Jazz flop a lot and the refs buy it.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Jazz are better than last year, and taking all the injuries into account, I'd say we're worse than last year.

Jazz in 5 or 6.

6. ericmark

ericmark Member

I agree.
    Rox win 2 of 3 at home. Jazz won 3 at home. 2:4 :(
    Hope I am wrong.

7. trochili

trochili Member

same feeling, same hope

8. brambly

brambly Member

impossible is nothing.

9. engr chris

engr chris Member

You are fooled.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I said Rockets in 6 because I believe that this team will be able to overcome McGrady's 37% shooting during the series.

I also predict no matter how timidly or lethargic Tmac is all of the same people will keep making the same excuses for him.

11. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I'd be shocked if we win ANYTHING in Utah, at the same time I would be very suprised if they win ANYTHING in Houston... So Houston in 7 :D, hope I am right.

12. zforrest

zforrest Member

I actually think Jazz within 4 or 5. I hate to sound like a pessimist...

13. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

Why no sweep option?

Rockets are sick and tired of losing to the Jazz. The Rockets have not proven that they can beat the Jazz in a playoff series. The Rockets are expected to lose to the Jazz.

Perfect scenario for a team that loves playing with a chip on it's shoulder.

Rockets will sweep! 4-0!

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

nope not in the playoffs. if he sucks like he has, either he has to improve tremendously in the off-season or else he has to be moved some way or another.

i've given him a pass for the reg. season b/c he has been such a tremendous playoff performer (all-world). but if he can't become all-world even in the playoffs, why keep him?

15. jason_long

jason_long Member

I think we can at least win 1 or 2 games. They no longer have fisher, who is a key factor last year, and we don't have Yao, who is replaced by two much more mobile rookies Carl and Scola. Both of them can stay with Boozer and Okur defensively.

The biggest problem without Yao is that we have much less options in scoring the ball. however, if we can defend well, keep their score low as well, we might just win.

16. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

looks like i was right about jazz in 6. :(