1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With Tracy McGrady as our #1 guy, we are going nowhere

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Apr 14, 2008.

1. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Replace Tmac with ANYONE in the NBA and this team still wouldn't be favored to make it past the first round this year. Tmac transforms our offense from literally the worst in the league into better than average single handedly. Root for the underdogs and cut the guy some slack.

2. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

We need to make a video montage of what he has done.

Write him a letter and proclaim that he can still do the things that are within the confines of said video.

He can still do it, but I think he lacks confidence.

Let's hope he can regroup and focus come playoff time.

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

First, I blame McGrady (most part of it) for the loss against Jazz.
    But it is completely atrocious to make a EFFING THREAT EACH TIME THE ROCKETS LOSE. GET A DAMN LIFE, IM TIRED OF SEEING THESE.

I mean ***** man, Bjax doesn't do good and we should trade him. Rafer doesn't do good and we should trade him. Hell even battier was included in the "Damn it we should've kept rudy gay".

Seriously, you guys are no different to a bunch of animal jackasses.

Here, I'll demonstrate to all of you why the people who are on the OP's side should find a reason to not kill themselves due to overload of no life.

Lets pretend I'm Steve Erwin.

"O These Wild beasts (Dumbasses like Copter and AntiSonic etc.) are large and vicious. They strike at the most appropriate time, possibly when their prey is injured or not paying attention (Mcgrady having a bad game). When they strike, these large vicious creaturess attack in groups (Ie. Dumbasses all posting BS at once so they won't get trashed for writing completely unjustified arguements).

Once they have taken down their prey (Created a post after a bad game from t-mac), they will continue to attack it until it is killed (Throwing Hates on T-mac until T-mac is finally traded). They will then feast on the dead prey (celebrating over the trade of t-mac). Once the prey has been eaten, they will rest for the day and attack again tomorrow (find another target to blame on).

Good job idiots, we are officially the only fans in nba who can be laughed at. I can't even read your junk anymore. Its playoff time and we're still fighting. IF there was a basketball god I don't think he/she will help the rockets in anyway because the fans don't deserve anything.

Basically, if the rockets win, its always thanks to a team effort, if the rockets lose, t-mac is always the one to get jacked at first.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

So how many warrior fans do I get for a Copter and A MacYao and a Tsunami?
    Ones good enough for me, but i want a few more though.

So Copter The Flopper, how many flops have you done today? You're an idiot, you make no sense. You try to sound like Brooksball so that you seem like you're not hating.

Trust me buddy, if mcgrady was injured instead of yao, we are pretty screwed right now.

Of course, Im expecting 20+ threads requesting to trade mcgrady if he took yao's position. But so far, I see no threads that requested to trade Yao but instead rehab threads. O well, jackasses will be jackasses.

Damn we're the most shameful fans in nba right now, you guys should be happy. Copter, Antisonic etc. Give yourself a pat on the back for wishing your team loses so that you can flame Mcgrady. Im just so disappointed in the rockets fans right now.

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Yao is just as bad, if not worse.

6. beachboys

beachboys Member

He'll def. because of the contract year, then what have he done before the contract year?

7. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Hmm, I dunno. I'd assume he's been rehabbing from his injury. Look at him now as compared to last year - it's obvious he worked on his athleticism quite a bit over the summer.

8. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

that's right. last summer he finally didn't have to heal from any injuries. It was the wholse summer for him, for hilidays, rest and trainings

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Let's all relax and see how the first round unfolds ... then we'll let the venom fly :)

10. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

But really, anyone here who seriously and realistically believe that we could end up winning 55 games if it was TMac who went down for the season instead of Yao? If you said yes, you are a friggin liar.

11. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Yes, we won 54+ games in the regular season. Can we even win 4 in the playoffs?

12. symbiote007

symbiote007 Member

after reading a good 6 pages out of 14, i must say some of you state valid points on both sides of the coin over mcgrady while others are just ignorant in their uneducated statements.

we can all agree it is a team game and that mcgrady's offense is inconsistent at times but we need a big man on the floor that can stop the jazz specifically boozer. in the first half it was all him and we always like playing catch up in the 2nd half against harder teams but still couldn't take it. we need bigger men on the floor that can facilitate throughout 48 minutes.

13. ThaBlackKnight

I've said before that Tmac is not as good as Kobe and Lebron anymore. The last time he was even close to that was in 04-05.

Lebron does get to the basket easier than Tmac, but he's also about 50 lbs. heavier as well, and thats all muscle, so he can take the contact and finish. Kobe is much quicker than tmac, and he has that 2nd gear with the ball when he wants to drive. Tmac doesn't have Lebron's strength, and he's lost a step on his quickness as well.

But all I'm saying is, he's still as talented as those guys skill wise. He is still a top 5 TALENT (based on skill only). But he may only be a top 20 player right now, and thats due to numerous injuries.

Even though the Rockets have a better team than the Cavs, they are in the East, with only 3 other legit teams, instead of 10. I'm not knockin Lebron, but he couldn't do what Tmac has done the last 2 years without Yao and still get 50+ wins. Tmac is a smarter player now. He uses his vision and play making more to benefit the team, instead of himself.

14. ibm

ibm Member

the with-and-without kinda gospel is overblown and does not make a lot of sense in general. #1.

#2, the team turned te corner this year when yao came forward and the team played together when mcgrady was injured and recovering.

in my estimation, if it was mcgrady who went down, we might not be able to win 54 or 55 games this year. however, that is not because mcgrady (as of now) is a superior player and leader to yao (pre-injury this year). it will be due to the fact that, comparatively speaking, we have better front court players (deke, scola, etc.) outside of yao than we have wing players outside of mcgrady (rafer, luther, etc.). and same can be said to previous seasons as well (maybe to a less extent).

15. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Lol! wow!

All these people are saying that Tmac doesn't deserve the salary he makes or doesn't do this or that. Well Jason Kidd makes more money than Tmac does and he is less productive then him. Tmac beats him by more than 10 points and equals more than half of his assist average which is his specialty.

Allen Iverson makes more than Tmac and he barely got his team into the playoffs with an argueably WAY WAY better roster. So how are we the 5th seed?

Tim Duncan makes same amount of money Tmac does, but the only reason spurs are good this year is because of MANU Ginobili. Duncan has had some good games where he has carried this team BUT so has mcgrady. Im not saying duncan is not better than mcgrady, BUT you guys can't say mcgrady is a bad player and doesn't deserve to win.

NOW to the question if you put anyone else on this rockets team to replace kobe....they will pass the first round. EHHHHH Wrong. Kobe tried doing it two years in a row with lamar odom and that atrocious lakers team. Didn't make it and the year before those they missed the playoffs altogether. Sorry Kobe cant even do it.

Lebron can't do it because well he took his ugly roster to the EASTERN conference finals....NOT the western conference finals ...the east

Chris Paul can't do it because well he needs ppl around him like other PGs do.

In summary, Give tmac some slack. Why r u guys complaining about getting out of the first round? You think TMAC wants to lose. Get real! have some common sense.

16. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

AND i gaurantee you if the rockets pulled the deal with memphis to get Pau for trash.......ppl would be praising tmac because his assist numbers would be up and we would be winning. Think logically.

Edit in last post: kobe should be tmac

17. Champ Caliber

Champ Caliber Member

I think you're asking way too much from the Tracy haters.

18. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

You are right. With T-Mac as our guy we go nowhere.

Why not make Yao our guy?

Oh wait... Isn't he missing significant time this season, again? Too bad. Guess T-Mac's not the only injury prone star we have. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, you have to give them another chance. Utah didn't really count because Yao wasn't the same after the injury and vs. Dallas was embarrassing for both players. That's the series we should have won, but didn't. Both were terrible losses, but it doesn't cut out the fact the T-Mac/Yao duo get another chance.

You trade T-Mac for anyone...it won't matter. Except LeBron (and he was in the East). Even Kobe couldn't get out of the first round without help. Most likely he will this season, but he has a lot of help. Trade T-Mac for Baron Davis, Michael Redd, Joe Johnson, or whoever else, and they'll not even make the playoffs without Yao.

T-Mac would have had help this season with a healthy Yao, but injuries happen and Yao happened to get hurt again. Why are you going to blame another first round loss on T-Mac? No one else would get us out yet you'd gladly trade him for them.

When Yao comes back you can evaluate the team. Until then its...going to take the word of God to get us out of the first round.

19. Bassem

Bassem Member

Look it's a team effort. And T-Mac will step it up, believe me. Just like a couple weeks ago:

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ETzTIbc-KI&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ETzTIbc-KI&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>​

20. Bassem

Bassem Member

You know what. I think it's time we stop hatin' on Tracy, and start appreciating what he's done for the team. He's led this team through a great season, and trust me, if Yao was there it would be easier for everyone. Tracy would be scoring more points, especially in the paint, and now he is one of the league's best passers for his size, and would be even better if Yao was there as he would be pickin' up 2 or 3 more assists. He's played through injuries, played through 40 or more minutes in big games, and got other players involved and believing themselves. I don't think you guys see how important Tracy is to this team, and if we traded him, we'd be putting ourselves in a great deal of trouble.

He will improve, and when a player is struggling, us fans are supposed to support them through the hard times, and not try to kick him out of the team. It's just not right.