1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Q for Americans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Bandwagoner, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tibet is a key issue because it demostrates a tolerance for human suffering on a wide scale is still tolerant.

Sudan, Darfur, Rawanda, Bosnia, and Tibet all represent major and terrible oppression of unarmed people by a heavy handed military.

We haven't really come very far from WWII. Tibet is an eyesore for all of humanity.

2. conquistador#11

Mother teresa always said: if you can't feed one hundred people, feed just one. My main concern is poverty in the americas, and I believe that even the smallest contribution helps, like operation: ricebowl during lent.

My second concern is better relations with latin america. Enough with the U.S right wing investing in el salvador's right wing campaigns. I shall be there in 2009 helping count votes or whatever my family wants me to do. :)

As for tibet, it's a conflicting issue for me. I love china, but they are wrong in occupying Tibet. At the same time, countries pointing their fingers at china, are countries guilty of the same thing. Fact is, No one likes being occupied. Just Ask puerto ricans how they feel about U.S navy bomb ships using the island of Vieques.

3. MacFu

MacFu Member

In order to make yourself look less hypocritical, you should have added at least 20 more areas around the world in your list.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

drop in value of the dollar

speculation

the fact that it's really a market controlled by cartels that get together and make decisions about how they'll supply demand.

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

1. The growing National Debt and expontentially growing bill for entitlements
    2. Number 1 is such a huge issue that there is no #2

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

keeping score so far shows no one has it in their top 5.

7. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

This may come as a shock to you, but Hawaii should be added to your list too.

Free Hawai`i
    HAWAII - INDEPENDENT & SOVEREIGN
    Hawaiian Kingdom

And
    Hawaiian sovereignty movement - Wikipedia

Now, should this be listed top 5 ? ;)

8. Lil

Lil Contributing Member

Foreign affairs is something that's far beyond the common man's control or even influence. I think most people here will have things impacting them directly and over which they do have control far higher on their agenda.

As for Tibet. It's, along with Taiwan, Iraq, Sudan and sub-Saharan Africa, and Israel, one of the clearest examples of the clear failure of the international system to promote universal human rights.

Should I care? Only enough to occasionally peek in here and muse at the sino-baiting attendant to these discussions.

What have I learned from Tibet? Morality is dead. Neorealism rules.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These fake Rocket fans on Clutchfans.

1. the ones who think Hakeem wouldn't even make the Eastern Conference Finals.
    2. the ones who think the Bulls actually had a winning record with Jordan against us.
    3. the ones who hate Maxwell
    4. People who think the Rockets organization started when we got Yao
    5. the ones who think Shaq is better than Dream
    6. to a lesser degree, the haters of Kenny and Charles
    7. the ones who think Tmac is better than Dream, Magic, Wilt, Bird, Kareem

F##K THESE GUYS

10. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

LOL, you are determined to bring these into every thread, aren't you?

11. tinman

Supporting Member

they asked for it. people come on this board claiming to be Rocket fans and spit on Dream? i understand its their 'opinion', but its the opinion of FAKE FAN.

these are public enemy #1 to me. If it were a Serial Killer, Nazi, Klansman, Al Queda, and FAKE ROCKET FAN. Guess who I think is the worst person?

you're right. the FAKE ROCKET FAN. those other guys are wrong, but at least they aren't try to FAKE being something they aren't.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I was with you till this one. These guys are straight haters. I like the show and find it entertaining, but if someone has a problem with what they say I really cannot fault them.

Hell I hated Barkely in the 90's pre-rox.

(PS two SS' two LL's was my fav rox pg) :cool:

13. tinman

Supporting Member

you know that many haters of Chuck or Kenny have no freaking clue how they played with the Rockets. that's what pisses me off. Same with Calvin. HALL OF FAME Calvin, just cause he's a wacky commentator doesn't translate to how loyal that guy was to the Rockets.

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

/me apologizes in advance to refman for stealing his sig for this horrible attempt at messin with tinny

sooo

Let's say you have a gun and only two bullets

you are in a room with Bud Adams, OBL, and a FAKE FAN, and you have to empty the gun to get out.

How do YOU utilize the ammo?

:p

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Fake fan gets BULLET 1.
    OBL gets BULLET 2.
    Bud Adams.. Pistol Whip! :p