1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

last time Mcgrady shot above 50% for a game...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by f_chowd0696, Apr 13, 2008.

1. stingray88

stingray88 Member

Thank you...

2. vincentt

vincentt Member

sof? :D

3. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

its called criticism... the original post had no whining in it... It just stated that Mcgrady hasnt shot above 50% for the past 17 games and this could either be a horrible shooting slump or a sign for things to come... Just a simple observation and a simple criticism..... This board derailed into "Mcgrady hater" territory when the second poster started posting about Mcgrady being a crap player etc...

BTW... this is a message board you know... The point of a message board is to debate opinions... I mean do you come to these message boards for an orgasm or pure joy or something.... Do you expect to come to the bbs with 20 threads stating Mcgrady is mvp etc....

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

You're not welcome.

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Let it go, it's obvious that the only thing you do is whine about McGrady.

6. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

O... if you honestly think that the Rockets can beat a playoff team 4 times in 7 games with Mcgrady shooting 40% and average 20ppg with Yao Ming out....

7. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

McGrady's shooting is terrible because he's doubled instantly. Unfortunately some of our other players suck at finishing (scola is only average, rafer sucks, luther sucks, landry is only average i suspect he owns next year though) hell yao ming was our best finisher easily.

8. Copter

Copter Rookie

If anyone here thinking (with decent thought) that the rockets are getting past the first round this year, is clearly living in a bubble.

Byebye mcgrady, blame everyone and cry to mummy that you cant get past the first round.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

PAGING Ehsan...

10. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

How bout a don't let it go and how bout you accept the fact that you cant take any negative feedback of your favorite team.... Again you are arguing with someone who never said Mcgrady is a "bad player", or a crap player... He is what he is.... He is an aging former superstar who helps his teammates by setting them up but hurts his team by not showing up and scoring at an abysmal clip... If thats me whining... then so be it.... I will continue to criticism where I see fit and continue to express my gratification where I see fit....

Maybe you see me constantly "whining" about Mcgrady because he has been constantly frustrating for a long period of time now.... Trust me... when he is going through a great stretch I couldn't be happier...

Its unfortunate that you dont think we are on the same side just because you are so attached to a player who you see has no downfall...

11. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

What's frustrating is when McGrady is aggressive and attacks the rim, he doesn't get calls. He's bounced around, ball gets free, no whistle. Eventually he stops trying for the most part.

12. bewy

bewy Member

I really think that it isn't really his fault for his poor shootings. If you look at kobe or carmello or any other super star players, they all have at least one sidekick super star to diverge the double team. This usually comes in handy to get open shots which I don't see often since Yao's injury.

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Gotta love the daily mood swings of the board.

14. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

i love these type of posts... its as if we are supposed to forget about all the losses and all the negeative aspects of this team...

trust me, I didnt say anything about Mcgrady being MVP after the Suns game... it will take more than one game in a row for me to change my mind about him...
    Hell, he had an average game for his standards against the suns if this was two seasons ago...

15. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

You have a point there... Before Yao's injury, Mcgrady's shooting percentage was hovering around 45% which is respectable...

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

rodrick rhodes is in his head!!!

rodrick rhodes and buck johnson are duke duke duking it out in the back of his head for sharpshooter supremacy gray!!!!

17. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

t-mac's shot has been off for two years now, and its not going to be coming back.

18. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

yup... his last decent scoring season was his first year with the Rockets... it went down hill after that

19. bbjai

bbjai Member

dude
    I do hope you have realised that this 16 game period your talking about conincidentally coincides with a certain person missing from the game and defences in the league finding ways to stop our previously unknown roleplayers.

20. sook

sook Rookie

YES DUDE I WAS THINKING TEH SAME THING! ;)