1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Camera Angle tonight - love it or hate it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 9, 2008.

?

Do you like the new lower camera angle they are trying tonight?

1. No

77.6%
  2. Yes

22.4%
  1. sook

sook Rookie

LOL@CAMERA ANGLE, yea i noticed it too! it irritated the crap out of me :(

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I'm calling it the "Cloverfield View". I liked it better in the movie, not for basketball.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Please vote and tell Fox what you think about it, this thread is bound to get back to them.

DD

4. shsu33

shsu33 Member

I like it, it seems when espn or abc uses that angle it isn't as shaky. Tonights was too shaky but when it is smooth its better.
    I think its better for watching post players down in the paint.
    Anyone remember when espn showed the duke/north carolina game on both stations with one showing the top following camera angle? I kept switching back and fourth and I liked that angle better too.

5. DaDakota

Different Angle....

The ESPN and ABC one is on a wire above the court....this one was in the seats and probably hand held.

Too low and too shaky and too close in to rotate left and right without getting people dizzy.

DD

6. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Same here. I thought it was just my glasses. I think the cameramen are still trying to learn to propelry use itehm.

7. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

yeah it was annoying, i was complaining the whole game along with my frds

8. lpbman

lpbman Member

I applaud them for trying new things, but the camera was out of focus, people got in the way, the camera wasn't steady....

No. Just no.

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

It was like watching the Blair Witch Project.

10. shsu33

shsu33 Member

It looked similiar to the wire angle abc uses, if they could do it w/o the shaking i wouldn't mind it for alternating views. I'm gonna watch it again tonight but they don't replay the game in HD. Might not look as good tonight.

11. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

is it a similar angle they showed for Kings home games a few years ago?

12. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

i like the camera angle the mavs use it is low but it makes the game more real. I hate the Suns angle it is too high

13. WyoRox

WyoRox Member

I'm a big fan of the camera angle that is from the middle of each half court for 90% of the game. Save those other screwy angles for replays! Why should I watch a good game from EVERY bad seat in the house?

14. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

Did they do this the entire game on FSN or just parts of it? I saw replays on the Rockets postgame show on FSN and on Houston news stations and the angle looked normal.

15. DaDakota

Only parts of the game, very short parts, if they kept it up for more than one minute straight people would have been vomitting all across Houston.

DD

16. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

i was waiting for the cloverfield monster to show up, it was horrible

17. tracymcgrady001

It wasn't that great.
    I have sat in the club seats before, nothing new of the angle.

18. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

This one sucked. I only had four beers during the game, but that camera angle made me feel like I had way more (and not in a good way).

The wire cam thing, on the other hand, I really like for the very few minutes per game that they use it. It's good when they went back to the standard view, but seeing it from that angle for a few stretches is a decent novelty for me.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I didn't notice it until that guy got in front of the camera and I was like, "Wait a minute, I'm not at the game, this is TV, MY VIEW SHOULD NOT BE OBSTRUCTED." And he kept moving up and down, it only happened for five seconds or so then they switched to the regular camera, but geez you'd have thought they'd have planned it out better than that, or at least had some big burly guys to either side of the camera ready to beat down anyone who got in the way like a Whac-a-Mole.

20. diehardrockets

haha yeah me too!