1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sonics @ Rockets 4/9/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

We will kill them and rest starters in the forth......Novak will play all of forth nd hit three 3's...........Give him some confindence going into the PO's

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Roll on Rockets, roll on...

3. TracyMcgradyMVP

i dont think we shud face fakers bcuz Pau is gonna murder us

4. Classic

Classic Member

anybody know what tv station this is on?

5. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

im hoping we lose so we face the lakers

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Win.......book it.

scrubs get hella minutes :eek: :D

7. azjw

azjw Member

No matter who you want the rox to face in playoff, this is a must-win. And they will win.

Get ready to kiss some sun ass!

8. walker

walker Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think we should be so concerned about playoff matchups. There are pros and cons against anyone we might play. The reality is, whoever imposes their will, will win. During our streak, we played our style and imposed OUR will on our opponents and thats why we won. (including beating NO, etc) If you looked at straight matchups, we never should have won 22 in a row ( why noone else has in years), but we ignored that and played our game and not only won but oftentimes dominated. I know without Yao to talk of going deep in the playoffs might be unrealistic, but to focus so much on first round matchups sounds like loser talk to me. We didn't earn and continue to earn our seeding without being pretty damn good, Yao or not. We should not care or fear anyone in the first round and expect to win, regardless of matchups. I think if we go in with anyother attitude than that, we get our asses kicked. We need to circle the wagons and take it personal that despite our streak and record, everyone counts us out. Just my opinion.

9. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

10. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Member

Well said. I agree that we shouldn't worry about our ,atch-up, because we have proven that we can beat anyone when we play to win.
    I think we win this one, and I hope we get out to a big early lead so our bench can log some good minutes in.

11. Champ Caliber

Champ Caliber Member

Rafer expected to be back!!! Great news!!!

12. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Nothing is etched in stone yet, the Lakers lost to Portland so all we have to do is stay within half a game of them, they play San Antonio in the last game of the season and we hold the tie breaker. If we play well the last four games (I am assuming we win tonite), its not out of the question that we end up with the third seed and play LA with home court advantage. Which is the scenario I'm salivating for, even with home court advantage a series against Utah is going to be brutal.

13. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Pau? c'mon he has never played well against us, and I am fairly confident that Scola can play him to a draw. That Kobe guy however....

14. tmackeepsitreal

Amazing post, Walker. I couldn't agree more.

15. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I think a matchup with the Jazz fits us better this year. No D fish, no Giricek on their team. We added B Jax, Scola, and Landry to ours. And Deke and a better offense. We would also have revenge on our side. LA would be to tall for us. And Kobe D's up T-Mac very well. Utah doesn't have a real defensive stopper.

16. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

I'm now slightly nerves since T-Mac is sitting out, he's been a huge factor this year against Sonics..

17. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

It really seems to me that the teams that play hard perimeter D are the ones that are completely shutting us down. SA, NO and Boston killed us by simply shutting down the three point line. Utah is not necissarily a top five defense, but good enough to stifle our somewhat one dimensional offense. In other words, our lack of interior presense in more easily exploited by Boozer and Co. because they have the defense to back it up. I just don't see Gasol shutting down Scola on the inside, even if he goes off for 20+ I think Scola can hang with him, and I like the rest of our team over the Lakers scrubs. Honestly (and this is my homer side coming out) with homecourt I think we can beat either.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Good post although I still prefer to play the Lakers over Utah.

Why don't you start posting more Walker? Don't use the "I actually have a life" excuse either. ;)

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I think AB should get more playing time...

20. Aleks07

Aleks07 Member

My 1st post, sweet! :D

Carlouis Scolandry goes for 29 and 18. Rockets get a W with TMac resting the shoulder 98-83.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.