1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

anyone here use the downloader Xun Lei?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by demon77, Apr 2, 2008.

Tags:
  1. demon77

demon77 Member

I was downloading a torrent file this morning, then i notice this gay peer that is downloading at 200+KB/S, while everyone else its downloading at a freaking 5-10 kb/s. (really old file). He manage to leech off me with like zero upload (and somewhow constantly using differ flag and switching to differ port, which it shouldn't be using). So i checked up this "unknown" client, which end up to be "Xun Lei" (aka thunder web?). It seem to be a general downloader that download BT too.

anyway so i gave it a try too, and WTF!! My speed jumped to 100+ kb/s instantly! and i didn't need to upload anything?

I end up uninstalling it after I downloaded my file (don't really trust it).

anyhooo, does any of you guys use this program?

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I was using BitTorrent and having average speeds - switched to utorrent, and the difference is simply unbelievable. I used to get around 50-70KB.. same file on utorrent was 700s! :eek: I actually pushed to over 1MB/sec.. I don't know why it does that, but I ain't changing a thing!

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It sounds like a BT hack that allows you to cheat others by moving in front of the line while not sharing anything back.

If you're on private torrent sites, I would avoid it.

4. ClearSky

ClearSky Member

Xun Lei is thunder web's chinese name

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I had the same results when I switched from Utorrent to Azureus.

Utorrent was really slow for me, and then switching to Azureus I was able to get 500-700 KB.