1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adelman and McGrady talking about the lack of calls for TMac!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t_mac1, Apr 4, 2008.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Adelman:

“Tracy was terrific, controlled the game the whole second half. One thing he has done and I still don’t think he’s been rewarded for it is attacking the basket. I don’t know how many free throws he shot (three), but he keeps going to the basket and makes the right plays. When he attacks, he shoots better and they don’t have anyone who can guard him.”

TMAC was not as lenient:

“I got a little more aggressive because I was (angry,)” McGrady said. It’s been two games – pretty much all year – but going to the basket, going to the basket, I shot three free throws. I feel I’m aggressive. I drive to the basket. I could see if I was settling for jumpers all night, but I drive to the basket. I don’t get any calls. No calls. That kind of ticked me off. From that point, I was like, ‘forget it, man, I’m going to go after it.

hopefully TMAC will maintain this attitude when he doesn't get calls in the playoffs b/c most likely he won't. usually when he's as hot as tonight, he should be closer to 43-45 pts, not 35. he should have gotten 6-7 more free throws tonight with the way he was attacking.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tracy was fantastic at attacking the rim and working inside-out tonight. If he stays mad like this, the league is in trouble......

3. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

That ally oop looked like it was gonna be turn over but some how he got it to go in.good game.

4. scottlaw

scottlaw Rookie

The refs probably dont want to give him the calls for his benefit. Missing half of his free throws is a shame for a superstar (Shaq is an exception).

5. istream

istream Member

any link to the quotes, i was wondering if adelman had any remarks about brooks and jackson's play and how long rafer would be out

6. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

after t-mac got blocked in 3rd quarter was it? he started attacking...after a two handed dunk. he was fantastic tonight, especially in the 2nd half. if he shows up like that in the playoffs, we can beat any team.

7. jlwee

jlwee Member

Sometimes i feel like NBA should fire 90% of their existing referees because most of these referees referee based on the players' names and reputation rather than the plays of the court.
    Anytime you blow air on the known aggressive players like AI, kobe is an automatic fouls whereas you can hack those known 'soft' player like T-mac! Is just unfair!

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

The problem is that in his mind, Tmac over-estimates the competence and ability of NBA refs to actually see and make the correct call whenever he gets fouled.

The problem is that he usually floats away from the defender and tries to avoid contact on his drives.

So even when he really does get fouled anyways, to the Forrest Gump referee out there on the floor it's not as clear-cut as say DWade/Koby/Manu driving right into the defender and subsequently going into anaphylactic shock. In other words, Stern's jackass refs need more syrup on that flopcake in order to fully recognize that a foul might have occurred.

9. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

The hell you say...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aySGUzzxjGE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aySGUzzxjGE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

10. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

wade will never get respect from me.

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

It is ridiculous. He should have had at least 10 or more free throws at Portland

12. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Why because he relentlessly attacks the rim so he gets the benefit of the doubt?

I guess you would much rather see someone shoot fadeaways all day

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Rick and the staff have got to be frustrated when the team starts struggling and Tracy starts going to the rack and then suddenly the whistles disappear. I know I was really frustrated with the calls in the Sacramento game, and last night didn't seem too bad. But then I saw that Tracy only got to the line once (besides the and 1) and that just doesn't seem right the way he gets swarmed and hacked at. I mean at least call something when he somebody slams into him and then takes his arm out. Last night I think they were trying to let them play for the most part, but you've got to tighten it up a bit at some point.

14. dafranchise0309

Tmac played great...we need him to play like that EVERY SINGLE GAME

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Holy shiznit! :eek: :eek:

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

He benefits mostly from poor officiating and the rules changes. If you look at his skills, he can't really shoot from anywhere. He is wildly turnover prone and he can't really post effectively.

I respect his intensity but he really is kinda overrated... I remember when they were playing in the olympics he was really holding them back because he couldn't shoot and he wasn't getting those superstar calls.

17. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

The thing that I don't like is that fouls that usually get called a lot, like the hands on the ball handler near the three point line, don't get called for Tmac.

He gets the ball outside and raises it above his head and the defender ALWAYS puts BOTH hands on his midsection. That's a foul. I know its a foul because Wade shoots 10 free throws a game on those calls.

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Unfortunately, this game has increasingly catered to the quicker player and demonized the slower more skilled one year after year...

If you touch a guy while he's running to the basket its a foul but you can do almost anything if a guy is standing still. There even starting to call offensive fouls when guys slide under a man who is already in the air. I just hate it.

It really makes a mockery of basketball to me because teams who have no rebounding/shot blocking/post presence can be playoff contenders this way. You end up saying that you don't need these things because no one can touch you on the way to the rim. Guys like Dwade and Monta Ellis wouldn't be as good as they are without the rules changing to favor the smaller, faster, more 'flashy' game.

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Sorry about the rant, this thread is about bad officiating and i got off on the wrong subject.

Tmac doesn't get the superstar calls he used to get because he doesn't drive much when he has yao down low. I think refs get used to what a foul looks like when certain players get in the lane. Because some of the other star wing players are so strong, the refs expect them to get fouled when they get down low, for whatever reason they don't give tracy that same respect.

20. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

I think it's because Tmac moves easily and smoothly that refs don't really think he's being hacked like Kobe or Manu, who contort their bodies in a million different ways if you just touch them a little bit.