1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

quick itunes help/question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pole, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

My wife lost her iPod a few weeks ago, so I bought her another one. I got it hooked up to the computer she had her music on, and I was able to sync all of the music that had been ripped from CD's, but there are 111 songs on there that she bought from the itunes store that won't sync claiming something to the effect "these songs are not authorized to play on this computer." Anyway, I've searched the help files and web and determined that if you double click on a song, you can use your itunes (or apple or whatever it is called) account and password to authorize the song.

My question is this: can I authorize all songs at once? It sure would make it easier than typing in a username and password 111 times. I've searched the web and help, and I can't find a way to do it.

2. armyman7894

armyman7894 Member

have you registered your ipod?

i think once youve done that is all that is needed to transfer your purchased songs into your ipod.

3. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Yes, it is registered. Went through the process, gave it a name, and all that. I'm pretty sure that is the only way it would have transferred the other songs. It's just that it won't transfer the purchased ones without "authorizing" the songs. I can do it....one by one, but I'm hoping to find an easier way.

4. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Have you tried highlighting all the songs?

5. vincentt

vincentt Member

burn them on a cd and reupload them back is the only way i can think of it

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Just use SharePod

7. Oz Rocket

Oz Rocket Member

Try authorising your computer in the Store menu. This should allow all purchased songs to be transferred.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The message you are getting is one that is generally tied to the computer as oppose to the iPod. Disconnect the iPod and try and simply try to play a purchased song that you have not yet authorized. See if that works.

Try what Oz Rocket wrote. Bring up iTunes, go to Store->Authorize Computer, follow the directions.

Once my computer has been authorized, I have never had problems transferring songs to any of our iPods.

9. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Don't buy from iTunes.