1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox 26] Mike Harris to Stay With Rockets Through Next Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Mar 26, 2008.

1. AXG

AXG Member

As much as I like Harris, I'd like for the Rockets to sign some players with size. I like the hustle but against the taller teams like LA, SA or NO, they'll have problems matching up and getting rebounds. They'll need a backup center if Deke and Woods leave this offseason.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Only one of those guys can actually dribble the ball more than a few steps.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

True, Tmac is the main guy in that lineup....it would be better with Magette over Harris...but we don't have him.

DD

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

No, it would be better with a point guard and a center...

5. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

"Who are these guys!"
    -- Doug Collins after Mike Harris put the Rockets up 7 against the Celtics

7. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I read in the Chronicle that next season is not guaranteed.

8. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Member

Thats cus hes not a power forward. who the hell told u he was?

9. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

Because that's who he comes in for? He was coming in for Scola when Landry was injured = power forward. He's NOT a power forward but that's what he's been playing lately.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Did anyone see him play at Rice? He's the leading scorer in Rice University history. I just find it hard to believe Harris could do that without a jump shot.

11. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

IDK if i want him...........hes ok but somebody better could fill his spot.......

But he will get better over offseason.

Congrats mike

12. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Damn good money. Just hope he doesn't go out and spend it all on a tricked out escalade. I find it really sad reading about how guys go out and blow their money instead of putting it away.

13. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Give Morey his due, but also Adelman for being willing to try out rookies. JVG never trusted any rookies.

14. Blarger

Blarger New Member

I watched Mike Harris at Rice and one of my friends played on the team with him. I am told that his strength in the weight room is absolutely unreal (look at the guy's calves), and this strength allowed him to post up anyone Rice played and become Rice's all time leading scorer, as well as outmuscle bigger guys for rebounds. On the perimeter and just inside it he always seemed to hit open shots, but didn't shoot over anyone unless they were substantially shorter. He generally lacked aggressiveness when not immediately around the rim and was lackadasical on defense (but I am told by his ex-teammate that he has gotten much better defensively). I'd love to see him grow more of an ******* enforcer mentality (he's one of the nicest guys in the world) and become a defensive madman, because that would ensure him a spot in the NBA somewhere for a long time. Think a poor man's Artest (they are the same size, Harris probably stronger but not as quick).

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I would think from watching him that Harris is a little bit quicker than Artest but not as strong.

16. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

harris aint that quick....he isnt even as quick as bonzi, but thats another topic

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He has a very nice jumper actually, He can knock down the 3-ball as well.....

18. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

looked pretty broke only time I saw him shoot it...I think it was against boston...seeing is believing, and college dont count cause then hayes can shoot too

19. Blarger

Blarger New Member

For the record, Mike was 6-10 from the field vs. Bos and 0-1 from 3, so it's pretty hard to reach any conclusions from that game about his shot. Not saying he's the next great shooter, just saying he's more versatile than we've seen the past month.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks. I thought Harris must have a jump shot, but didn't follow his career at Rice. Just seemed like a guy his size couldn't set the record unless he could at least hit the midrange jumper.