1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dreaming Again - Hakeem Returning?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by arno_ed, Apr 1, 2008.

1. AXG

AXG Member

I can't believe this! I have to wait until I see it because I never thought I'd see Dream play again!

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

IMO this is a horrible move. Hakeem was totally overrated when he was here, that's why we shipped his sorry butt to Toronto to which I said good riddance to bad rubbish. I can't believe the brought him back. This move does NOTHING. He'll be lucky to even be one of the 12 that suit up for the game. Horrible, horrible move by Les and Morey.

3. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

a better one would be to say Yao is going to be back for the playoffs...that would have been cruel but funny

4. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

Morey is a genius...dream will serve as an expering contract that we can package with someother experings inorder to trade for lebron

5. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Personally, I think Dream coming back is a bad idea. I never liked him when he was playing at his prime. He's a suspected 3-point shooter, a bit short for a center, and more than a few teammates had complained about his accent which was very hard to understand. Let's face it, we won most of those championships because Vernon Maxwell was playing out of his mind. Maxwell was denied the MVP because he was black. Hakeem, being African, won the MVP over Maxwell. People forget this now.

Anyway, until Maxwell comes back I don't care if that overrated imposter joins our team again. Frankly, Loren Woods in his prime is better.

6. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

The timing is suspicious...

That's all I have to say :cool:

7. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

hispanic???

8. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Dream's debut will be Friday against Seattle. It's also a 90s heritage night so we'll be seeing the classic 90s jerseys again!

[​IMG]

9. cerveza7285

cerveza7285 Member

Overrated when he was here? What kind of moron are you? He's one of the greatest centers to play in the NBA!! He hold the all-time record for blocked shots and led this team to two titles, where he earned MVP in both. YOU'RE A ****ING IDIOT!

10. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Dude you need to calm down. He is just expressing his opinion, which he has a right to.

Dream was a little overrated, though. Great player, but not top ten.

11. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Someone needs to get Clyde down on a Rockets contract, that way he can announce himself and Hakeem as darkhorses for the "Comeback Couple of the Year"...

12. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I can't tell who's being sarcastic and who's being serious in this topic. But most of the people being serious ...WHOOSH

13. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

YOU are a MORAN.

Just...

Dream is a top ten player at age 45.

(as back-up centers go) ;)

14. Jimes

Jimes Member

My recap of the press conference:

- Dream said he was enjoying the streak just like the rest of the world. His excitement brought him to Toyota Center for the last couple games of the streak.

- He agreed with the experts that the Rockets lacked enough bodies inside for a long playoff run, and he began considering a comeback but didn't think too seriously about it at first.

- After seeing the Loren Woods signing, he felt like if they were giving people like Woods a shot, then he would throw his his hat into the ring as well.

- Morey said something like after analyzing stats of previous super-stars returning from retirement, he believed Dream would be able to give them a boost off the bench for at least 5-10 mins a game and, of course, would generate a significant boost in the excitement of the fans which would be needed for the playoffs.

- And Morey believes that Dream will help this team get back that same killer instinct and provide veteran leadership critical for playoff success.

- Les mostly reminisced about the old Clutch City days and was really excited to have Dream back. He's hoping for another championship run.

Wow.... :eek: :D

15. Persian Rocket

wait omg he is really back?!

16. IROC it

See, haterz??!!11?

17. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

LES IS SUCH A HYPOCRITE. IF YOUR SO FOND OF CLUTCH CITY WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE HAKEEM THE MONEY HE WANTED 7 YEARS AGO???! **** IT IM HAVING A STEAK

18. mlwoo

Screw this. I am sick of being treated like this. I can say whatever the hell I want. IT IS MY GOSHDARN OPINION.

IROC IT YOU ARE THE MORAN!

19. mlwoo

20. IROC it

[​IMG]