1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Padres

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Don't know whats happened with me...been sooooooooo lazy and stressed havent even been paying attention to the outside world. I should be at this game :( But I'll attend the Rockets vs Clips next week to make up for it :D

2. Buck Turgidson

Not sure that, like you said, they would want a dh this early, with 2 more series before they get a day off. Unfortunately, the Stros other roadies out West don't coincide with mutual off-days, so any makeup game would require the Stros to head to SD for a day at either the beginning or end of a road trip. Not ideal.

I'd imagine they'll do everything in their power to get the game in. Forecast calls for showers until 10PM or so, hopefully it'll blow over the stadium area earlier. If they really wanted to get creative, they'd move it up to a day game.

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

ausmus gets the start? weird. i wonder if it's just out of respect to let him start one last opening day if this is his last season, or if it's because towles is still banged up.

4. Buck Turgidson

Because Roy wants to pitch to him.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Can't wait to finally see them. I didn't get to watch any of spring tv games. C'mon JJ Putz...end this game quick so I don't have to miss the top of the 1st.

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

is that definitely the reason? i thought coop said a few weeks ago that he wasnt going with personal catchers this season. who knows. oh well, let's look for brad to have a monster final opening day in his hometown!

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Hunter is in that 2 hole?

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

hah, well, i guess they just answered that. i guess it's a combo of both of our theories.

not necessarily roy's perm catcher, but want to get off to a good start to the season, and he gives us the best chance to do so since he hasnt worked with roy much.

9. bwarren

bwarren Member

Is ESPN2 blacked out for anyone else in Houston? I'm on Comcast.

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

is the espn2 HD feed blacked for this game? because it is on comcast (BBBIIIIIGGGGG freakin' shocker) :mad:

i want answers, goddamnit!!!!!!!

:mad:

11. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

I was about to ask the same thing.... :mad:

12. bwarren

bwarren Member

Okay, I'm not the only one. They're showing ESPNNews on ESPN2 and nothing on ESPN2HD. I think it's because of the local broadcast.

They need to institute a rule that if the local broadcast is not available in HD, a national HD broadcast ought to be fair game for the local market. This is a bunch of crap.

At least all of the home games will be in HD this year thanks to the new FSN Houston production truck.

13. SWTsig

this royally pisses me off.

14. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

I've been looking forward to this game for so long, and was really excited about watching it in on ESPN2HD. Why do they do this bs. I assumed it was gonna be like Rockets games that broadcast both. Opening Day has already been ruined for me.... :mad:

15. SWTsig

yeah, it's just such a huge disappointment.... always pulling this type of ****, and it's the fans the get hosed in the end.

nice steal by bourne.

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Gray uniforms have been streamlined this years. There used to be about 12 different shades of road gray and this season there are only 5. The Cool Base unis on have one shade of gray. So depending on the team, a player wearing a road Cool Base uni could be wearing different shades of gray for the pants and jersey. :cool:

17. bwarren

bwarren Member

I've got big hopes for Bourne, a fellow double-Cougar (Nimitz HS and UH).

Apparently that patience he showed in that first at-bat is emblematic of what he did through the first part of spring training.

18. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

I'm in dallas and its blacked out here as well. Was really looking forward to watching it on the big screen. Anyone know why it would be blocked here?

19. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac Member

It's MIA up here in Dallas too.

20. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

anybody have a link for it on the internet???