1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis -- Spurs 109, Rockets 88

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. jondoe

jondoe Member

Teams we might lose to in first round: Spurs, Suns, Utah, possibly NO

Teams we might beat: GS, Denv, maybe Lakers, Dallas.

Lets all hope and pray we get a good seed.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Foolish... just foolish. Any team that has come this far in the Western Conference this season should not give up no matter what the odds say. No team should tank ever, for that matter.

3. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Bad game, I'm moving on. Some bad calls though (like the flagrant on Bobby Jackson).

4. richlordisgay

richlordisgay Member

You need your ass kicked.

5. sando

sando Member

good game...

6. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

Peoples expectations around here are completely out of whack at this point. I have no doubt we're goign to make the playoffs but any series is going to be difficult as hell. People will be calling for Tmacs head if we dont' pass the 1st round but look at who we have...

If Skip (and i love skips heart) is your 2nd option, you're in serious trouble. For a contender, Skip would at best be a 3rd or 4th option.
    Look at the other teams 2nd or even 3rd scoring options.

Phx: Nash, Shaq, Barbosa, G.Hill (i would rather have any of these guys shooting a shot over skip)
    Dallas: Howard, Terry and even stackhouse.
    SA: Parker and Ginobili (thats 2 allstars behind TIM Duncan!)
    NO: David west, Peja
    etc....

face it people, we win on heart, toughness and hustle. To expect to do that against a top team is unrealistic. Just enjoy the heart and passion we play with every night and let the chips fall where they may.

7. manhore

manhore Member

Foolish? I'll tell you what foolish is. It's BLIND HOPE on a team that's undermanned. The Rox is going NOWHERE this season with the line-up it currently has. Case in point, there was a time in the 2nd quarter and Battier was the tallest Rocket on the court. What good will it do if the Rox get in the playoffs and get swept in the 1st round? Is that the goal? Or is it hanging a banner? If it's the latter, then Rox Management should make the sacrifice and do the following:

1. Get the best draft position possible
    2. Shop McGrady
    3. Resign Landry

8. rocketsmetalspd

I want TMac healthy for the playoffs. If he needs to rest his shoulder he should sit the next four games. If the team can not hold the fort for four games then they don't deserve to make the playoffs.

9. manhore

manhore Member

Is that you McGrady? If it is, you're too soft to kick anyone's ass...

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

1. Don't you think it's a little late for that at this point?
    2. This team did win 10 straight games without Yao. There's 9 more regular season games for the Rockets to figure it out.

They aren't really title contenders without Yao (but who the heck knows), but just beheading the first round monkey would be nice.

11. devin23

devin23 Member

Bad game. But umm, the season is far from over. I can't believe someone here wants to tank on a 49-24 records. Unbelievable. So much for having faith in our team.

12. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

Your r****ded post is even more disgusting.

13. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

You suck.

14. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

You do realize that even if were to lose the last 10 games or so, we'd end up with a pick no better then late teens / early twenties... How exactly is that going to help us?
    Last time i checked, you didnt' draft team changing guys with those picks.

We' ve gone 73 games into the season and you want to throw in the towel.. maybe you should have thought about that 40 games ago when we were a fewe games under 500. \

your logic is flawed.

15. BrooksBall

I am not saying that I believe the Rockets are anywhere near contenders.

My point was that tanking is wrong.

16. watchMYshoe_10

it's not his face, it's more of his attitude. he's smiling when his team is losing. most players in this situation would have their game face on and thinking about the game at hand. he loves to call himself a superstar but almost always shoots a horrible percentage. he shot for TWENTY-THREE PERCENT today... inexcusable.

17. BrooksBall

Same point I was making but you worded it better. Read up, man ho.

18. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

You know absolutely nothing about basketball. That much is apparent just reading this post.

19. manhore

manhore Member

Actually, we were closer to championship contenders when we were sub-500 than the team that's on the court today. When you're missing your best player and the most inconsistent player is imposing his will on chucking horrible shots becomes the best alternative, then I would say it's never too late to tank. All of you are too short-sighted to see the big picture. I predict next year is going to be CRAZY due to the following:

1. Yao would have had a considerable amount of rest and should EXTRA MOTIVATED to get back to his dominant self
    2. Scola AND Landry has 1 year under their belt
    3. The rest of the role players know their roles

So that is why if the Rox Management seizes the moment and sacrifice this season, then it would make for a DEFINITE championship run next season. ESPECIALLY if they get some decent players for McGrady.

20. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

The only time I saw McGrady laughing that game was when he was on the bench next to Alston. Alston cracked a joke and they both laughed - they're human.

They aren't the only ones.... I'll cap it for you if you're really that short sighted.