1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets Rules in China !!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Without God there is nothing, With God there is Eternal Life.

2. ying861020

ying861020 Member

bucks is becoming more and more popular
    yes, I agreed.
    chinese fans just Yi Jianlian,few people like Redd,Willams.
    But,for rockets,i want to say,we don't just support Yao Ming.we like T-mac,Shane,Landry,Scola,Hayes,alston,Mutombo......and everyone.
    alyhough Yi joined bucks , we have rockets as our home team.

3. ying861020

ying861020 Member

bucks is becoming more and more popular
    yes, I agreed.
    chinese fans just like Yi Jianlian,few people like Redd,Willams.
    But,for rockets,i want to say,we don't just support Yao Ming.we like T-mac,Shane,Landry,Scola,Hayes,alston,Mutombo......and everyone.
    alyhough Yi joined bucks , we have rockets as our home team.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

nothing to apologize for, your english is just fine. Hell, it's better than alot of native english speakers that post here. ;)
    Only thing you should watch out for is not running your sentences together in one big paragraph, people have a tendency to skip long paragraphs when reading them on the bbs.

now, on topic

I dont see why some find it surprising that folks look for "surrogate" teams when theirs is out of the playoffs, I think we all do it to a certain point.

If there wasnt a team you wanted to see do well in the playoffs, at least their should be plenty of teams you want to see lose, right?
    It is pretty common to pick the team you dont like from each series matchup, and then you watch hoping that team loses, right?

I know its not exactly the same as the article talks about, but it is something similar enough to where we should understand.

I know alot of casual fans that don't have entrenched hatreds towards the other Texas teams(unlike most of us :D), so eventho they are Rockets fans because they are from Houston, they will gladly root for SA or Dallas once the Rockets are eliminated since at least these are teams from the great state of Texas.

Its a Texas pride thing with them, if the Rockets can't be the finals winners, they would rather it be a Texas team than some other lesser state's team.

5. marciagong

marciagong Member

There's an unsaid reason behind it...

6. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

Rather than trying to diss other people's English ability to give a boost to your manhood, you should instead use your time to work on your own reading comprehension ability. Re-read the article now. Let me know if you still do not get it. I will try to lay out what the writer said for you in a more simple way so hopefully you will be able to understand.

7. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

I should have quoted the following post because it shows you have on idea what the write is talking about.

8. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

LOL. talk about a textbook fair weather fan

9. MD_in_Training

Well, that isn't to say that they still won't root for the Rockets. If we lose in the first round of the playoffs, are you not going to watch the rest of the playoffs rooting (even a little) for the team you like best?

10. rfila

rfila Member

I can give you my honest answer here.
    I had been a Laker fan before I started to pay any attention to Rockets because I live in LA. I followed Yao to Rockets and liked what I saw and little by little become a Rocket fan. It is just human nature. You can see Yao being a Rockets is only one of the reason I become Rocket fan. At some point I put Rockets above Lakers and I was the only one rooting for Rockets in my family when we watch a game between Rockets and Lakers. Somehow I found I do not like everything I see as a Rockets fan: the owner, certain players(no, not Juan Howard, he has my respect as a player), and certain fans(the percentage is a bit high). Those "trivial things" make me feel not as much fun as I would hope for when watch a Rocket game. So I step back a bit. I still root for Rockets most of time(regardless Yao playing or not), but I am not as crazy about it as I used to be.

11. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Is someone really bashing me because I got involved with a thread and responded to others posts when I had something to say? Gee I'm so sorry for that.

I'm not going to go down all your points and explain why each one is wrong. All I need to say is you don't know what contradict means. Yes, they did clearly say Rockets are No. 1 with or without Yao. But they also say teams have already started following their surrogate teams. That contradicts, oh I'm sorry let me try this word and see if you understand ... Those two statements from the article refute one another. Get what I'm saying now?

And if you put that very last part in there because you somehow think I made fun of the article or another poster because they can't write in English very well then read my next post (yes I am going to be posting again in this thread. It's kind of the name of the game on this site).

12. levintblack

Where did I ever dis someone's english ability. I would never do that and never have. I have come out against others when they have on this board. Don't ever accuse me of doing that because I find that one of the worst things to do on this board (bashing others English ability) and take it very personally when someone accusses me of it.

13. levintblack

And there's nothing wrong with that. I said on the first page there are different types of fans. You are a different type then others are here. Nothing wrong with it (unless the type is bandwagoner which isn't the case here).

14. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Barf. Take it to the D&D.

15. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

The article says the Rockets is the No.1 team in China.

The article also says most fans in China think the Rockets will not go deep into the playoff (I know you may not agree with them (me either), but it's another topic).

The articles says they adopt surrogate teams to follow in the postseason after the Rockets is out of the playoff.

Where is the contradiction?

16. rfila

rfila Member

Thanks for the understanding. I agree with you that there are different types of fan and I think as long as we all root for Rockets we should be fine with each other.(cross my finger) One more thing about me as a Rocket fan: I bacame a Yao Fan after he arrived Houston. I did not know him much before that.

17. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

NBA is packaged as an entertainment, a show, in china, not a real competitive sports, just like it in the States. Majority of the followers are casual fans, looks for the high fly "highlight" from sport-center, so they can brag about it with their co-workers.

18. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Do not question the official position of China.

19. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

Are you serious? What official position? The guy has clearly misinterpreted what is said in the article and a few folks pointed out that he is wrong. What does it have anything to do with China?

20. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Other than the rockets I rarely root for or even against any team.

Maybe its because I've been watching baskeball all my life but I just enjoy watching great basketball and most importantly balanced basketball.

Not necessarily rooting for anyone but I enjoy watching Spurs, Piston, Celtics, Bobcats, the Warriors (sometimes) and Blazers, really just teams that play hard, unselfishly, and play defense.

I hate watching the Suns, the Bucks, the Nuggets, the Nets and most importantly the Knicks.

Its not about teams that i wanna see lose or teams that i like, i just wanna see guys play good. The teams that play good can add any good player and it would make them that much better, some of the other teams have shown that their childish gimmicky style of play is productive only sometimes but when they play certain teams they roll over.