1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"We Shall Not Continue To Fight…In Order To Dominate, Expel, Starve And Humiliate..."

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Grizzled, Feb 1, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

If the army was voluntary, I would totally agree. You make your choice, you deal with the consequences. This, however, is not the case. This is the government compelling you to do a job and then telling you how you can behave and what you can say. Big difference.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that's an interesting distinction, jeff...i'll have to think about it. it still concerns me, for the reasons i listed in my first post. ultimately, a government is worthless if it can't carry out its own policies..particularly when the people vote for their favorite candidate based on those policies.

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I agree to an extent. Dissention is the backbone of democracy. Throughout our own history, small groups have complained loudly about injustice or things they considered wrong. Eventually, the majority either sided with them or not. But, they were almost always afforded the right to dissent even if, at times, they had to face hostility and even peril at the hands of those in power.