1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Britney Spears hosting SNL

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Francis3, Feb 2, 2002.

1. Princess

Princess Member

Eh, some of it was okay, but overall, I wasn't too impressed.

It's so nice to hear people actually saying she's not talented. I know she's good looking and there's no point in trying to convince men otherwise. I still think that if she didn't have make-up and hair artists and wasn't marketed like she is, she wouldn't be as pretty. Fame adds a lot to a person's looks. But once again, please don't think I'm saying she's not attractive, because she is beautiful.

But I'm a girl so what do I know. I'm just glad my boyfriend tells me I'm prettier ;)

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Man, look at those eyes.....mmmmmmmmm.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I watched tonight until the Gemini Twins skit and thought her first appearance was better.

Her movie maybe getting very bad reviews a la Mandy Moore's movie, but unlike Mandy, Britney will draw in viewers. I don't think her movie will be a total flop (artistically yes, but financially no) at the box office. I would be shocked if her movie doesn't finish # 1 at the end of the first weekend, and I haven't even looked at the other movies coming out the same weekend.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The more she tries to imitate Madonna, the less attractive she gets.

5. Princess

Princess Member

Okay, maybe it's just because I'm a girl, but did anyone else think she dressed terribly? Who picks out her clothes?

6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

As a fan of Britney, I would be shocked if it was #1.

I can't see it making more than 5 million first week.

Also, about the whole make-up artist, hair artist thing. There are plenty of other celebs who get that and they don't look as hot. And since everyone thinks she got into the biz because of her looks and not talent this would imply they were looking for beauty to get the job. If they figured someone else +make-up artist + hair artist would look better they would've gone with them. Obviously there was no one else. So while make-up, etc helps, I don't think anyone else being helped would be able to beat her.

note: if that post didn't make sense, it's 4 am and i just did 2 hours of matrices homework so i'm a little out of it now.

7. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

I was out tonight, so I taped it.

I also taped the John Goodman SNL, and most other SNL's over the last X amount of years when I went out, so what does that make me?

8. Old School

Old School Member

Taping SNL is the way to go. Then you can fast forward through the lame skits and commercials.

This had to be one of the lamest shows of the season. She just can't act. Even Will Farrell couldn't save this show.

os

9. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

I dont know about that. Look at this shot from her upcoming movie:

[​IMG]

wow that pic looks kind of cool on the light blue background

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:D I loved the weekend update! also justin admitting he's gay was funny (Opening the show and he did Falon instead of britney) the Morman skit was funny!

11. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

possibly the most unfunny thing i've ever seen. I dont think ive ever gone an hour and a half without laughing, but i definately did last night.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

AWESOME!!!! BEST Show Of The Season. Best One since Jennifer Lopez was on, If you exclude Britney singing it would have been Perfect , The show was great from Mormans to Britney Kattan to Leatherman .

13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

A Walk To Remember earned $12 million its first weekend and finished # 3. Orange County (an MTV movie) earned $15 million its first weekend and finished # 3.

After looking at the releases on 2/15 and looking at last week's rankings, there's no way Crossroads falls below # 3. I forgot that the rankings include previous releases like Black Hawk Down and The Count of Monte Cristo so Crossroads may not finish # 1 overall. IMO, Crossroads will finish first out of movies released on 2/15 - Hart's War and John Q. will also challenge for the top spot, but most people only see one movie a week and I think she'll draw in enough viewers at least for the first week.

14. Gascon

Gascon Member

Until Britney stars in a prison movie with Alyssa Milano, Reese Witherspoon, Kate Hudson, Angelina Jolie, Faamke Jenson, Salma Hayek, Katie Holmes, Ashley Judd, Bridgett Fonda, Denise Richards, Heather Graham, Charlize Theron, and Latitia Costa, with Christopher Walken, Sean Penn, Benicio Del Toro, Edward Norton, and Gary Oldman playing the prison guards..................

I won't be seeing any of her movies. :p

15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Well then perhaps I stand corrected. I didn't realize that had made that much. Although I expected Orange County to do well, I didn't see A Walk pulling in that much. Well then perhaps there is hope for Britney.

16. Princess

Princess Member

Yes, I understand that. And once again, I'm not saying she lacks natural beauty.

You are wrong about one thing though. The "biz" didn't go out looking for her. She went looking for it. So saying there was no one else isn't really true. Maybe the other people looking for their break weren't as pretty. I still believe there a prettier firls out there. The reason they're not famous and named "Sexiest Woman Alive"is because they did not go out looking for fame.

She's also young and wears skimpy clothing, which doesn't hurt. Being young is one of the most attractive things. Did anyone see TLC's The Human Face?

17. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

"You gotta give me more cowbell!"