1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New trend Ive seen After the Streak

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nycundaground, Mar 27, 2008.

1. caphorns

caphorns Member

It has seemed to me that in these games with weaker opponents, we've been doing a bit more experimenting. I imagine the goal here is to prevent teams from being successful running the same D that Boston used against us where the Boston big man cut off Tracy's lane almost every time. If we'd been doing more of this kind of thing, I think it's a closer game with the Celtics.

2. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

They've been slipping the pick as long as i can remember, not just after the streak.

I don't see a problem because it's a different way to initiate the offense. With Scola, we can throw him the ball in all kinds of positions once tmac is doubled. Then it flows from there.

It's fairly obvious that Tmac doesn't really want to drive anyway, so why not get him doubled on the outside to loosen it up for other guys.

Besides, if we only set nice solid picks, tmac gets doubled anyways, and the picker is farther away from the hoop.

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Nobody sets worst picks on this team than TMac. He rarely does it, but he did it in GS game last week twice for Rafer and BJ, and those were tha worst picks i've ever seen.

Rafer ran away from it. I dont blame him.