1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Trade Threads

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Air Langhi, Mar 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It seems to be if you ever even mention trading Yao on this board you have hundreds of Chinese fans making stupid comments like you must die, you must be an idiot etc. I think you should attack the argument instead of just calling the poster stupid or making dumb comments like I hope you die or something dumb like that.

2. ShadowProphet

ShadowProphet Member

If you are going to make a thread like this, you should direct it to everyone. You’re right, people should not make stupid comments like the ones you are referring to. HOWEVER, you should not limit this to “Yao Trade Threads” only and assume anyone that does not agree with the proposed Yao trade is Chinese. To follow what you said, you should be attacking the statements made and NOT call out an entire group of people. Its just posters in general making stupid comments.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You are right I shouldn't have called out the chinese, but it seemed like some of our Chinese posters in last thread I saw were going wayyy overboard. It should apply to anyone. People should attack the argument not the poster.

4. rz04

rz04 Member

I agree with the OP, there was certain times this year before we went on the win streak where there was a Trade TMAC thread popping up every few secs. Some of the trades proposed was seriously bad and welcomed with fan fare by some of the posters here.

While any trade ideas proposed that even have a hint of involving Yao would be put down immediately and the poster be ridiculed with personal attacks.

I am with Air Lang here, attack the post, if you don't think the trade will help our team argue your points, don't simply attack the poster.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

To suggest trading Yao is stupid, pointless and illoyal.

1) Stupid because you won't get equal value,
    2) pointless because it will never happen, if only for economic reasons,
    3) illoyal because Yao is such a great person who always gives all he has, and I believe he will always be loyal to the Rockets - the people who want to trade him now would probably be the first to hate on him if he ever was to leave as a free agent (but he would not do that) - I could still see that suggesting trades would be ok despite the loyalty factor if no. 1 wasn't the case...but you won't get equal value anyway.

6. swhcgd

swhcgd Member

7. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

I really admire the intensity of your post. Who are you?

Trade Yao Threads... Yes, lets trade the "Yao Threads" for something more constructive. Trade also "McGrady" threads and all the other "XXX" threads too if it is convenient.

8. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

Good post. And I don't think it's smart to even assume those who claim themselves a "Chinese fan" to be indeed a "Chinese fan". It's easy to tell that there are fools who try to pretend to be people from a certain region. They would then say stupid and dumb things in order to make people from that region look bad. Those fools has their own small agenda to come to post on this site. How difficult is it to make up a name like "YaoChinaFan" and then say something outrageous in order to make the Chinese fans look bad anyway? It's not really that difficult, right? Some of these fools would even try to make themselves more convincing by putting some Chinese characters in their post. But, believe it or not, there are many translation websites/programs on the net to copy and paste some Chinese characters in your post and it will only take you a few seconds to do that.

My point is that it's very unwise to assume the ethical background of a poster based on what he/she says or what he/she claims to be or what he/she wants you to believe that he/she is. After all, I have read that half of the people who claim to be female on the internet are actually male.

You could never know.

9. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

That's quite an agenda. You must really hate Chinese people to make the time and dedicate yourself to do such a thing. It's only basketball... but I guess anything is possible.

Btw, it's not only in the "trade Yao" threads that people do personal attacks. Some people can get too personal in the Hangout forum, imagine the GARM.

10. rfila

rfila Member

let's be fair. I have seen as much personal attack from the non chinese fans as from the chinese fans, if not more. They may not say I hope you die as much, but they are very good at play the language game and everyone know what they mean, which are extremely irritating to those who do not speak English well. In fact, the level and scale of those personal attack has been atrocious compared to any NBA fan forum. The Chinese fans are more of victims of personal attack in this forum.

You seem to be nice compared to many of those. Still you can look back at your original post and see if this kind of posts have a place in any forum with the way you put it.

11. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I want to apologize for the rest of the posters on here that use the English language so well. They will burn in hell for this. I'm sure the posters you are referring to are extremly sorry for "irritating" you with their proper English.

Trade Yao!!!

12. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I have no problem with the Trade Yao threads. I have no problem with the Trade McGrady threads, or anything like that, either. I am always in favor of a trade that makes this team better, and that trade ALWAYS exists (even if it's not feasible).

What's truly annoying is those who reply to bash on the poster without offering any reasons that they disagree. This just shows that you're a moron.

If you have a comment that might be offering something of some value to the thread, say it. If the thread is so stupid it insults your intelligence, hit ignore and move on. This isn't that hard.

It's morons with nothing to say that have made the GARM worthless, not the people who start seemingly stupid threads.

13. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

Hi Mr.Woo, it's morons like you who keep trying to divide this board and cause one pissing match after another. Why are you here to divide? I really don't get it. Does the fact that you are able to cause disputes in an internet forum give you a sense of importance to compensate for your inferiority complex, Mr.Woo?

By the way, it's extremely, not extremly. Learn to spell.

14. mlwoo

The only way to rule is to divide then conquer.

15. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

And acute inferiority complex pushes morons like you to try to divide an internet discussion forum in the cyber space, Woo.

16. mlwoo

Pot, meet kettle.

You stir up a lot it seems:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=3548696#post3548696

Search your name for your posts if you want to talk about dividing something. Literally 75% of your posts are attacking another poster for doing the same thing you are doing.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/search.php?searchid=91349

You call someone a moron, idiot, or loser in half of your posts. You make fun of someone for being a Rookie after 200 posts? You claim that someone is a true Rockets fan because they have been on this board since 2001? You literally stir up trouble in every thread you go in to. Nobody is allowed to criticize the Rockets because they are haters. You are caustic and above all . . .

YOU ARE A TROLL

#16 mlwoo, Mar 26, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  17. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

Woo, cut the crap. You are here to work on dividing the fans, mostly between the local Houston fans and the oversea fans. It's just that obvious. Stop being a chicken and admit the obvious please. I have been paying attention to your posts for a while actually. You enjoy jumping on the posters who can't write in proper English while you yourself can't even spell. How sad. I also can't believe that you tried to make an argument by digging out my past posts. LMAO. I wouldn't even ventured into this territory if I were you. Anyone with half a brain can tell you are a big moron by reading your past posts. You can't hide away from what you have said before.

18. mlwoo

You got me.

I'm done with this.

Troll on.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hey German...it is DIS-LOYAL....
    ;)

DD